« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

I Didn't Mean

To Offend Anyone

4/13/2011 3:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant has issued a statement about his homophobic outburst during last night's Lakers game -- essentially admitting to using the word "f**got" and explaining, “What I said last night should not be taken literally."

0413-kobe-technical-tmt-ex-5-credit
Kobe continues, "My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period. "

He adds, "The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone.”

As we previously reported, Kobe mouthed the words, "f**king f**got" towards an NBA referee last night after he was hit with a technical foul.

0323_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Whirligig

@Flyboy- Yet you're going around assuming everyone is a "computer thug" because they don't agree with you. What a hypocritical statement on your part.

Mike L

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? YOU'RE TRYING TO CENSOR HIS FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Jeez, you're butt hurt by it? Maybe its time to get your boyfriends **** out of your *******! Call the Wah-mbulance!! This man, as an American citizen, has the right to say whatever he wants. The Bill of Rights doesn't limit what we can say except in some extreme cir***stances. If I wanna call somebody a F**GOT or a NI**A, nobody can stop me. Its my right. Kobe has the same rights. If the qu**rs don't like it, thats too damn bad. Get your own gay country someplace.

Flyboy

Thomas, you are a pretty funny guy in how you keep defending Kobe. Do you have any right to throw stones at gay people? No. Are any of us perfect? No. But does that give anyone the right to disrespect each others' humanity? No, it doesn't.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON saying that gay people should get over it. Spend ONE DAY having who you are denigrated and then talk to me about who is sensitive. Homophobia IS NOT JUST A WORD. It is a state of mind that RUINS lives. And if you cared about gay people, you wouldn't use the word. It's not about PC. It's about common decency and respect.

Think about the gay kids who committed suicide last year. How could you just use homophobic slurs knowing the pain they are under? Do you have no empathy or shame? It's inhumane and it's got to STOP.

whatevs

FYI: Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. The same as you would expect them to treat you.

Calling anyone a N***er is disrespectful.
Calling anyone a F***ot is also disrespectful.

There is no double-standard. It is really never okay to use those words.

Didn't anybody treat y'all any manners?? Sheesh...

rain

When a person calls another person a not so nice name it is because THEY MEAN IT! I guess when Kobe apologized to his wife on live tv he did not mean it then as well.

Wake up Gays! this is what pro-ballers really think of us! Why spend the gay communities money on homophobes like Kobe! Like lady Gaga says: Don,t be a drag, just be a queen! that means you to Kobe!

dan hitchner

Cleary, he wasn't having a gay time.

Physical Graffiti

LeBron's mom called some guy a ni**er and no one is all over her, but he says this and it's the end of the world? Why isn't the NAACP all over her? Why is HE in the spot light?

Jerrell-1982

Correct me if I'm wrong aint being Gay a sin?

Also aint Harvey a Homo?

Harvey you need to go play in traffic before you get your ass beat(pause)......You might actually like getting your ass beat.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

at least he admitted it and now will donate 5 million dollors to the ***********s union

PRO US

It was revealed that Bryant leaned Katelyn Faber over a chair to have sex with her, which allegedly caused the bleeding. This became the 5 minute sex act in question, as Faber claims she told Bryant to stop but he would not, and Bryant claims he stopped after asking if he could ejac-late on her face, and she said "No". Kobe said: "C-me on her face....Hands on her neck...from behind...that's my thing...Not all the time."Then, Kobe's wife got a big fat diamond ring. Of course, there was this other woman "Michelle" who had sex plenty of times with Kobe while he was still married too. Stand-up guy, this Kobe. Of course, he didn't mean to insult the ref by calling him a f-g g-t.

Flyboy

Tee, sterile people can't have kids. Are they bad? Old people can't have kids. Should we off them? Being gay is a choice? When did you decide not to be gay?

Kitty So Stoned, disagree with me? There is nothing to disagree with. Only someone with a LOW HUMAN REGARD would excuse hate speech. And, of course, a lot of people here are computer thugs who would NEVER SAY ANYTHING THEY SAY HERE in real life. Punks, pure and simple. If you need to be told again, being anti-gay is wrong. So, yeah, you are going to get criticized for it. Don't like it, don't be anti-gay.

Mike L, censor his freedom of speech? Um, no, he said what he said. No-one stopped him from saying it. He's simply being called out on his hate speech, because in a civil society, hate speech is unacceptable. What is wrong with you to think it's somehow OK to be anti-gay? It's 2011. Gay people are taking that anymore. A lot of straight people, are not taking that anymore. If you want to use racial and homophobic slurs, you can. And expect criticism and to be ostracized. You make your own choices and have responsibility of your own actions.

Whirligig

Everyone one has said at least one ****ed up thing to a different race/culture at least once in their lives. You're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Whirligig

@Flyboy- Who said I was "anti-gay"? I've been a lesbian relationship for over 4 years now... and you're calling me "anti-gay"?

Wow... way to make yourself look like an idiot. :/

Bren

I am in no way a Kobe fan, but I've seen and heard many people use this the term as an insult without it pertaining to sexual orientation. I think that is what is going on here. It doesn't excuse what he did, but I don't think he meant it as a homophobic insult.

thomas

Flyboy -- I have yet to throw stones at gay people. You do not own that word and have no business telling someone else what they can say and not say. I think you are fast to jump on the "I am a victim bandwagon" any time any body says anything to you that you do not like. I think you are fast to call people homophobes. All I ever wanted was people to wait until the full story came out and then not too be hypocritical in their judgement. And you take issue with an open that I feel is very open minded. So what does that say about you?