Lindsay Lohan -- Attempted Retail Robbery Victim!

4/15/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan faces grand theft felony charges for a necklace that we found out was marked up 300%!!!

0414_lilo_neckalce_x17_kamofie_ex

TMZ has learned the necklace designer sold Kamofie & Co. the piece for $850 -- that price tag does not qualify for felony grand theft, which requires a value of $950 or more.

Kamofie was trying to sell the necklace to Lindsay for $2,500 bucks.

As we first reported, we're told Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, will argue the D.A. should only be allowed to charge her client with a misdemeanor because of the value of the necklace.

But even if Holley loses that argument, Kamofie's owner -- who we're told will be testifying at Lindsay's preliminary hearing -- is going to have a PR problem for the mark-up and for selling the surveillance video and shopping a book deal.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Nicole

@greygoose
She will go down for a felony when Shawn only needs to establish reasonable doubt and the D.A is required to prove intent.

If Judge Sautner doesn't excercise common sense and at least reduce the charges then Lindsay only needs 1 juror to find her not guilty and it is a mistrial. The case wouldn't be retried as it is getting ridiculous and will cose a fortune.

LINNOCENT

ketjo

So we are back to the old wholesale ----retail thing againg. Try this once before Harvey and it didn't fly then either...

I paid 7:50 cents for a prestetched canvas and a total of around 5:00 worth of paint....that comes to 12.50 total then I work 20 hours creating and then painting a landscape ..which I take to the gallery and they appraise it and put it up for sale with a price tag of 2500 dollars. they are getting a commission of 10% which is low...but as my paintings usually sell within the 1000 to 3000 range they think that reasonable...when someone comes alone and steal the painting they are stealing a potential profit of 2500 dollars from that store not 12:50 in material but 2500 dollars that I would have make on made on that painting when it was sold..... all the store has to show to prove this is to show another similar necklace that this aritist made sold within this price range and that whole argument is shot to hell........

We are goin get indenated with Lindsey defence theories now that their is only a week to go till her pre-trial..you watch and see every day their will be another defence or con...just what that Judge warned them NOT to do..but they are getting desperate....it ain't goina do them any good cause she will go to jail......

stef

Once again, TMZ is reporting only part of the story. Per the LAPD, the store can charge whatever they want and THAT is the price they use against her. Try reporting ALL of the facts, TMZ.

greygoose

ohn Smith and Nicole finally bring some rational thinking to these boards! The hate Lindsay gets around here is not warranted. I guess when you're pretty, famous, wealthy, and an actress that comes with a ton of envy and jealousy!

If you think she is hated only here, you really don't get out much.
Take a little walk on over to the huffington post, page 6, and just about every other news source out there. Get someone to read the comments to you. Yeah they dont like her much anywhere.

greygoose

And please stop flattering Lindsay, she is no longer pretty, nor is she wealthy, k.

john smith

I grew up with reading the Rags, lot's of bad stuff to inspire people to hate JR Ewing for his boozing ect, they are designed to inspire hate toward the celebrity that they are targeting.

themare

Victoria not stuck to LiLo

Last Updated: 2:48 AM, April 15, 20

Victoria Gotti seems less than sold on Lindsay Lohan playing her in an upcoming Gotti biopic starring John Travolta and Joe Pesci. At her son Frankie Gotti's 21st birthday party at Greenhouse on Wednesday night, Victoria told guests, "Though it was said that I insisted she play my part, that's not true. I didn't insist and actually have no say in who gets the part." But she added, "I think Lindsay is a very talented actress and a sweet girl." Lohan has not officially been cast in the role, but a rep for the project said producers are "extremely interested" in her and that she made "an extremely good impression on everyone involved with the film." The rep added that Gotti family members are acting as consultants on the flick but are not in charge of casting. Lohan and "Gotti" producer Mark Fiore met over lunch yesterday in Los Angeles to further discuss her joining the movie.

themare

James Franco Is Like, "Who?"

The coke-laced delusions of grandeur that constantly hard **** the frontal lobes of Lindsay Lohan's brain worked up a serious sweat last night at Beauty & Essex in NYC! LiLo held court at a table of her trained head nodders and went on about how she's best friends with James Franco and will consider playing Glinda in the new Oz movie if her "best friend" is involved. HAHAHA. The **** that comes out of that crazy ho's mouth. Some ignis fatuus **** to the tenth degree.

It's sort of like if I held court at a table of no one at the Olive Garden and mouth farted about how I'm going to decorate the guest room in the charming Cape Cod beach house Anderson Cooper is going to buy for us after our wedding. I mean, I'm nuts, but I've never done that. (Note to the Olive Garden waiter side-eye-ing that sentence: You don't know what you saw! You lie! Shut your eyes! Shut your fingers! Just shut it!)

Page Six says that LiLo talked about playing Victoria Gotti even though it's not a done deal yet. LiLo then said she wants the female role in Oliver Stone's Savages and will consider playing Glinda in Oz: The Great and Powerful. LiLo kept the laughs going when she went on to say, "I'll only do the movie if I can work with [James Franco]. We're like best friends. We're hanging out later." FYI: Blake NotSoLively is in talks for both of the roles LiLo has her good eye on.

A source tells Page Six that the producers of Oz have never and will never consider LiLo for Glinda.

I would feel sorry for LiLo, but my emotions are currently occupied with other things: namely, laughing. I can totally picture White Oprah cold calling up the casting directors of high-profile projects to politely thank them for considering LiLo for the lead role, but unfortunately she's got too much on her plate at the moment: namely, coke.

tgrfan42069

@tgrfan42069 @thebrain
You can't compare this to a Dior dress or a 2k sony tv or whatever. As they are all roughly the same prices in all stores.
Whereas with this item the designer was selling it for $850(a felony is $950) meaning she was making however much profit of her designs. The mark up should never have been 300% but we know what to expect from this disgraceful store.
-------------
uhhhhhhhh yes you can..for the simple fact that tv you buy at best buy was bought by the store whole sale prob for 1k or less.all stores do that its what you call bussiness you buy cheap and sell high.thats how companies stay in business..that one buck double cheese burger you buy at mcdonalds probally only cost them 50 cent to make.

Chris

EVERY business increases the price after they buy from the wholesale dealer. Each and every for-profit business. Jeez, are the TMZ weekend idiots writing this story?

ketjo

Hey GreyGoose,
You right about people not like her, but she brought all that hate on herself ,by her actions not her looks...cause unlike want you think I for one do not envy her her looks , live style or wealth...Her looks....Hell I'm 64 and I still can drew every male eye just by walking in the room ...and when I was 24 I would have made her look like the red headed step child..Men like Nordic Blondes (Natural) not out of a bottle and wig shop......her live style ?...get reallllllll....so she flys first class big deal ,don't get her their any faster then the folks in coach now does it.....and as for her wealth..as long as I can pay my bills and feed my family and keep a roof over my head I'm happy cause look what having money has done to her.......... I can assure you most people are the same....
I don't envy her nor am I jealous of her ....I just pity that she is so stupid and greedy and self centered and feel she needs to grow up and pay for her crimes...period

Vinsetta

It's all good. She's going down next weeek starting on the 22nd anyhow. I have the day off work too to watch her show up late and be bored in court again.

john smith

Bla Bla bla,,,,,,this is your life ending one minute at a time...................

Nicole

@vinsetta
No Danette Meyers is going down along with her chances of winning the 2012 District Attorney campaign.
If your comparing her abilities to July 6th then Lindsay and Shawn would have been better not turning up for that hearing as the Judge was so biased and had made up her mind that she was sending LL to Jail in May

LINNOCENT

Delmar

This is just a lawyer's tactic Shawn is using, she'll use every legal tactic at her disposal to represent her client to the best of her abilities.