Italian Group BLASTS 'Mob Wives' -- 'It's a Disgrace!'

4/20/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The same Italian group that called Snooki "an embarrassment to the human race" is ripping on a new VH1 show about mafia wives -- telling us, damn thing's KILLING the reputations of Italian-Americans.

0418_unico_mob_wives_ex

A rep for the Italian interest group -- called UNICO National -- took no mercy on the new show ... telling TMZ, "Mob Wives" is "trash TV like 'Jersey Shore.' I hope it dies because no one watches it."

The rep adds, "We were mobsters and mafiosos with 'The Sopranos,' bimbos and buffoons with 'Jersey Shore,' and now we're back where we started. It's a disgrace."

Funny enough -- "The Sopranos" and "Jersey Shore" ... two of the most popular shows in TV history.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jackie

Did you say "The Sopranos" and "Jersey Shore" ARE TWO POPULAR SHOWS IN HISTORY??....ARE YOU KIDDING OR DUMB AS THE SHOWS. I HAVE NEVER WATCHED ANY OF THE SHOWS, BUT SAW ADVERTS WHILE I WAS IN LA...ANYWAY AT LEAST IN EUROPE WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO FOCUS ON THAN UNLIKE (FEW) OF YOU AMERICANS.

Ltbloomer38

I have to admit that I watched the first episode and I am hooked already. I know that it is bad, but these chicks don't play! I have to at least see the first season.

Damon

I think UNICO is actually a PR firm, that objects to shows to get them more attention;otherwise I would've never heard of this show!

Lovesausage

How do you knock out an Italian?

You slam the toilet seat on their heads when they go for a drink of water.

kellyj

I'm Italian and I love this show - the best thing VH1 has ever aired. Long live Mob Wives!

Jackie

LOL...@Mighty.....and you assume Europe watch American shows?------meoah....don't fool yourself. We have local channels we find interesting.....PEACE DUDE:)

Jodi

Saw this show yesterday. Chicks don't play. They put the Bad Girls Club to shame. lol

Lynn

I watched the show and it was "ok". But, I understand the argument this group has made. It is definitely FULL of stereotypes. Unfortunately, that's not illegal. As long as the show gets good ratings, it will continue.

bunny

Notice how the Italians have zero problems with Boardwalk Empire. Comparing the Sopranos and Jersey Shore together has to be a crime itself.

tgrfan42069

wonder how much TMZ got paid to ad this show..they did it wiath jersey shore,they did it with sister wives..now this crap show.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Damon 4 hours ago
------------------
I bet your right

david

oh they need to shut up...they not sayin all italians act that way but some doo...face it...just like some black people are ghetto on tv and some are classy and nice...thats wat makes us all different!...to put a show bout nice italians all the time who never argue and dont fight would not b true...stop generalizing everyone in same category...mob wives i great who cares what they think...and ps the sopranos and jersey she shore ARE two of the most popular shows ever....FACE IT ITS A FACT!

Hello1234

I watched this show and am hooked already, to think am african. Like someone said earlier these chicks dont play. They are tough and i like their new york drawl..(especially Renee)

ruth

The Jews made it by laughing at themselves. Lighten up folks and enjoy the success

nic

@jackie just because you havent seen them does not mean they are not popular.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments