Rebecca Black -- I Don't Wanna Be 'Friday Girl'

4/25/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Being forever known as the chick who sings that "Friday" song isn't as fun .... fun ... fun ... fun ... fun ... as it seems ... so says Rebecca Black ... you know, that chick who sings that "Friday" song.

0425_rebecca_black_TMZ_BN_01

13-year-old Black just gave an interview to the AP -- in which the singer says she desperately wants a career as a respected recording artist ... adding, "I don't want to be known as the `Friday' girl. Hopefully, I can be known as Rebecca Black and not the `Friday' girl."

Black -- whose smash hit has landed more than 118 million views on YouTube -- added, "I want to be a performing artist. That's what I've always wanted to do."

For the record -- Black recently locked down a 5-song album deal ... which means she's already light years ahead of the "Chocolate Rain" guy.

g train

why are people so mad at this girl? She made a pop song and people responded to it. If you dont like it , fine. Why would it upset people so much? I saw the video once and it seemed indistinguishable from most pop music of today.

anony

Unless she gets a massive injection of talent or her voice changes, forget it.
Well, they can always autotune her....

Sarcia

Y'all some haters! There's a lot this girl could be out there doing. She choose music and you clowns are sitting here hating on her because of it? Geez!

Atleast she's not a teen mom on stupid MTV reality TV show, stealing, drunk driving, getting high etc...

Rebecca black, I wish you well. :)

Bob Dobbs

Sarcia

She's 13 yrs old and made a short music video for crying out loud. Video had nothing to do with drinking, drugs, sex or violence. She wasn't half dress like a skank or nude.

It was just a fun put together video about a teen girl waiting until Friday to hang out with her friends at a house party.

Haters are just jealous lol

I am Spartacus

"Haters are just jealous lol"
-------

yea i wish i had millions of people making fun of me and talking about how much they DON'T like me

Liza

Is her 15 minutes up yet? Be glad people even know who you are!!!

Badfast

The only reason Tay Zonday doesn't have a record deal is because he makes funny faces while he sings.

Areader

It's a catchy tune!

Bob Dobbs

@M.Gordon... I actually play in a band and we gig locally, we are doing it the right way(plus we play because we love the music, not to get rich)and I hear more talent at ou8r studio from the bands full of people who have played under 2 years, this girl has no talent nor does she try because if she tried she would not sound so horrible vocally (even with autotune)

nevernude

Whoever created Autotune deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered.

CrisDizzle

I'm a fetus who's Rebecca Black????

Bubbles The Chimp

She is just a spoiled no talent brat. She was quoted before as saying she doesn't worry about money or how much she will make from doing music.

Nice attitude... "For me to poop on."

tinkerbell42

she should have thought of that idea BEFORE she made that piece of crap! And a 13 year old partying like she's 18? Real nice influence for middle-schoolers (like she is) That video incenses me - and the parents paid for it? Real nice family too----

MoonDust

The best line ever...."which seat can I take" when there is actually one open!!! That video cracks me up all the time!!