Katie Couric

I'm LEAVING CBS News

4/26/2011 3:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric has finally made it official -- announcing moments ago that she's decided to "step down" from her post at the "CBS Evening News."

Katie Couric Leaving CBS

Couric told People.com, "In making the decision to move on, I know the Evening News will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future."

As for Couric's future in TV, she added, "I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling."

Couric insists the details -- including which network she will land with -- are "still being discussed."

As TMZ previously reported, she is talking with CBS about a possible daytime syndicated show ... in addition in continuing with the news division -- probably "60 Minutes."

Couric's contract is up in June -- it's likely she won't leave the show until then.

TMZ broke the story -- Katie's replacement will be "60 Minutes" correspondent Scott Pelley -- we're told that announcement will be made sometime around May 6.

Katie Couric Photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Scrum

We're excited about the future of the CBS Evening News too.... now

The Truth

Katie...who cares. You should never had been given the job. Your ratings are lower then any news show in history of TV.

Please just go away and do fluff news.

Jim in Cali

Yeah great job Katie, CBS in last place because of you. Such an epic failure for a woman. I frickin love it. Will the mainstream media talk about Katie breaking that glass ceiling?

messygirl

I haven't watched the news in decades. They scour the earth looking for negative crap to show us.

Marty

This is all reminiscent of Connie Chung. No one has heard from her for years, thank God.

messenger69

MEOW!!!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! What big surprise--NOT!

stef

She already has an afternoon talk show on ABC lined up...say goodbye to 'General Hospital' now. It's a done deal. (bitch!)

messenger69

Wow those choppers looks SHARP!

kc

I think spell check was missed on this one.

mjl

"Katie Couric's colonoscopy and other lower GI investigative report's, This fall on CBS"

Honestly thats all that stands out in my mind, when it comes to Katie Couric. is when she had that colonoscopy a while back and shared it with the whole world. never watched her anchor.

Kim Wade

I knew there was a reason to sign in to TMZ today and that was to read Couric is leaving CBS news. Although the ditz network and the ditz anchor were a match made (somewhere in liberal dub-f**k USA)... GLAD to see she's over! Step aside K-K-K-Katie; 'coz you're the girl, the only girl who's a bore! And because F-F-F-Fox shines, over the mountains...we'll all be glad so glad you've finally shut THAT door! (Don't let it hit you in the ass on your way off the set!) Harvey are you free for lunch? -Offer stands anytime you are in Port St. Lucie FL, 34953- you have my email, above, Love!

Stella

she looks like a chipmunk

CriticAl

God, I hate her tiny little front teeth.

peggy1949

What took so long for her to leave? Liberal hack.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments