« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Atlanta Braves Coach -- Accused of Hurling Gay Slurs

4/27/2011 2:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Atlanta Braves pitching coach Roger McDowell has been accused of targeting a group of male fans last weekend at a Giants game in San Fran -- allegedly asking them, "Are you a homo couple or a threesome?"

0427_roger_mcdowell_bn_getty

Mega-attorney Gloria Allred announced the allegations moments ago in a news conference -- representing a family of four (including two 9-year-old girls) who claim they watched McDowell make the homophobic remark and then use a baseball bat to simulate gay sex.

According to Allred, the family claims they also witnessed McDowell tell the group of male fans, "Are you three giving it to each other in the a**?"

The father claims he confronted McDowell from the stands -- and McDowell responded by saying, "Kids don't f**king belong at the baseball park" ... and then approached him with a baseball bat, saying, "How much are your teeth worth?"

The family is demanding an apology from McDowell ASAP for his alleged anti-gay behavior.

Gloria and the family also want the Commissioner of Baseball Bud Selig to fine both McDowell and the Atlanta Braves -- and send McDowell to some serious sensitivity training.

UPDATE: Roger McDowell just APOLOGIZED, releasing a statement moments ago, saying, “I am deeply sorry that I responded to the heckling fans in San Francisco on Saturday. I apologize to everyone for my actions. “

A rep for the Braves released an additional statement, saying, “We are concerned by these allegations and the behavior described by a witness today. This in no way represents the Braves organization and the conduct we expect of our employees.”

0426_gloria_allred_mini_launch2TMZ has learned ... GLAAD also reached out to the Braves in the hopes of partnering with the franchise to educate their employees about homophobic remarks.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

j

That Dbag is a tool. I got into it with him after he yelled at my wife at a game in St. louis. I hope he gets fired.

en Todo Momento!!

maybe he was just pretending to be playing the tiniest violin in the world......ya nevakno!! :DD

Ray

No I was there he ask if they we a happy couple or were the lonesome. Anyway if the bat don't fit you must acquit.Also I checked with Mel he doesn't have a problem with this rant, so everyone relax.And I personally approve of this statement.

TheMarshmallowMan

I am gay and was ****ING cracking up at the bat and the hand thing, I mean REALLY GLORIA, REALLY!!! LMFAO

LoudMouth

I was bullied back in grade school. Gloria, please get in touch with me so we can make this right. Gee, out of the spotlight for a few weeks and she can only come up with this? Surely Tiger Woods has done something recently to a woman that she regretted the next morning. Must be a slow week in LaLa land Gloria. I'm sure these poor girls will survive and not turn into strippers. You can't protect the world from idiots, not even you Gloria. What are their damages btw, tickets and some hot dogs?

LoudMouth

And for the LOVE OF GOD. If this was soooo horrible and traumatic to these two little girls, why are Gloria and their parents making them sit there and listen to Gloria repeat it ALL again. You can add 5 additional years of therapy just from being exposed to Gloria.

TheMarshmallowMan

The Neko Nation You need help.

Andrea

When did it become okay for adults to run to cops and lawyers every time their feelings are hurt? I'm gay, apparently thick skinned, and there shouldn't be laws that prevent me from being offended. This father ruined a teachable moment and pretty much guaranteed his kids will grow up to be shrieky wimps, just like dad.

Joe

**** GLAAD this whole don't slander Same Sex Crap is a a bunch of Garbage. As soon as the Word Homo comes out the mouth of an athlete or Movie Star GLAAD turns it into a big deal, Even when Normal People don't Care.

So What he said *** or ***got, well *** means cigarette and ***got is A branch or twig. And Homo is the genus that includes modern humans and species closely related to them.

So befor you start getting pissed off about being called ***, ***got or Homo. Learn the damn Term or Meaning of the word you Morons at GLAAD..

rob

I DON'T UNDERSTAND STRAIGHT MEN'S OBSESSION WITH GAY SEX! Actually I do. ;0)

en Todo Momento!!

good to know the daddy participated, helpfully, with good ol gloria in this very effective demonstration...omg, really???!!

rob

Coach should take anger management courses too!

Jack Peter

Way to go McDowell....if they weren't homosexual, why would they be offended? Unless they are homophobic....people should just walk away.

Skar

I say *** all the time, if you don't like it, kiss my rear end. ***, ***, ***got, ***, ***, ***.

the Seeker

Kiko,you must think bringing the kids to the 'event' was socially enriching and a healthy 'choice' for personal growth