Rick Springfield

The Teary-Eyed Mug Shot

5/2/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained Rick Springfield's super-sad mug shot ... taken moments after he was arrested for DUI last night.

Rick Springfield Mug Shot

TMZ broke the story ...  the '80s rocker was pulled over in L.A. at around 8 last night ... and when officers approached his vehicle, they smelled booze.

Law enforcement sources tell us Rick's blood alcohol level was .10 -- exceeding California's .08 legal limit.

Springfield was taken to a nearby jail ... where he was booked and released on his own recognizance.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Angela

He could of killed alot of people sad as it is for him he just did an interview talking about how long he has been sober. What a lier. But like all celebs he will walk free.

Jay

"Hey I am Rick Springfield and I am drunk anyone want to drive me home?" They would be lined up three deep to take him uo on that offer

annabelle k

waaaa, waaaa...you could have killed someone, ya freak!

Donna

Better days are coming Rick. So many of us love you - you have no idea. You sure look like you could use a hug. I have one for you my friend. Hang in there. Stay strong. XO

Selebraties Suck

He's still cute.

Angel

I would have been his designated driver

MIDNIGHT TOKER

stick to reefer ya loser,and why the tears...did they put you in a cell with ben over

Susie

It is a sad mug shot for many reasons. I know when I am in a lot of pain either physically or emotionally at my age I feel like a lost pupppy dog.
I know to see my 74 yr old mom cry is the same. As we age we are sad sometimes, we wanna be young again, tie one on eh Rick? LOL have a good time and dang you still look like 39 huney so let er rip but get a driver and drink about half that amount.

A 51 yr old Grandma :)

Susie

Rick!!! Love ya huns. We all get old, we all look older, our bones hurt, we get sad maybe, drink too much, and just getting older sucks. Thats what I see in your eyes. I hate it too Rick, and then to get some illness like Rheumatoid Arthritis like me, BANG, most activities are gone.
I love the picture you handsome man you :) Just a picture anyone of us could have for the same reason huney.

1 51 yr old grandma :)

balls cross ya nose

Rick's biography is a great read--he's led a crazy life.

Stiletto

Uh, wait...he was over the limit, booked and release on his own recognizance? What happened to bail? What happened to holding them 24 hours in order to sober up?

truth and mercy

Rick said in his book that he suffers from depression... I wonder if he has tried to get to the root cause of his problem? Maybe he is still immaturely living in the past/ the good times of his rock star youth instead of embrassing his present self .... he got OLDER, so what, everybody does! Rick should really start to work on a spirit of THANKSGIVING and GRATITUDE and leave the past behind, today is a new day, a second chance to have a happy life, and to LEARN to LOVE himself exactly as he is.... the ONLY person to impress is our own self. Step out of the past and into a glorious new future!!! Good luck

mamamiasweetpeaches

I assume hes crying becuase hes writing/wrote a book about how hes been sober for a decade. Well, there goes THAT!

I know he's touring....the Concert Update people have been sending me wemails telling me he's playing near me soon.

He looks good for his age BUT I think he's had too much plastic surgery. he sure was a honey in the 80s though.

By the way, as much fun as the "Jesses Girl" jokes are he had other hits too! I have his Greatest Hits CD! Dont Talk To Strangers , Affair Of The Heart, What kind Of Fool Am I, Love Somebody, Human Touch ...he had a few gems.

chris

Obviously, there’s been a mistake made. A mistake by the police, that is.

Spell Check

Can you say L O S E R ! ! ! !

Stay off the roads you drunken SOB!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments