Rick Springfield

The Teary-Eyed Mug Shot

5/2/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained Rick Springfield's super-sad mug shot ... taken moments after he was arrested for DUI last night.

Rick Springfield Mug Shot

TMZ broke the story ...  the '80s rocker was pulled over in L.A. at around 8 last night ... and when officers approached his vehicle, they smelled booze.

Law enforcement sources tell us Rick's blood alcohol level was .10 -- exceeding California's .08 legal limit.

Springfield was taken to a nearby jail ... where he was booked and released on his own recognizance.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

TJ

mab1293.....Anyone who would spend $3500 to attend his cruise should get their mug shot on TMZ as well!

you heard right

"What Would The Children Think?"......that was his hit from 1972!
Oh, he also had another hit in 1972 called "Speak To The Sky". YEAH!!

liketoysoldiers

That's not teary-eyed...the man was drunk...that's glassy-eyed!

dd

@JODIE me too...LOL

Judy

Leave Rick alone--he's a nice guy. He shouldn't have been driving though. You guy are just VULTURES. I hate the society we live in with no privacy at all for anyone.

hamicat

REALLY? alot of you peoplw here do not know what you are talking about.His fan base is strong and we all support him.No hes not crying you idiots.And im not sure what this Angela is talking about, mabe you have him confused with Bruce or Rob Lowe cause he has never claimd to be sober. He drinks openly.Some of you are just a bunch of knuckleheads!He is human just like the rest of us.I can think of ALOT worse!!! If you dont have your facts straight than SHUT UP!!!!!

Sandra

Seems like this guy does not get it. Bad form Rick!!

Dee

Boy...he sure does looks good in his mug shot :)
I am a huge fan, but a bit disappointed. I still stand by him and hope that he will come out of this ok :)

TRUDEE

EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES , AND THE MEDIA IS MAKING MONEY OFF OF THIS AND MAKING RICK LOOK BAD .. JUST LIKE THEY DID TO MEL GIBSON .... ALL THE MEDIA CARES ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY THATS IT ...STOP IT MEDIA YOU REALLY PISS ME OFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Jennefir

To all the Rick fans, no one is perfect and yes everyone makes mistakes. Yes, we may not know what happened but we do know that his blood alcohol level was over the limit. We are told to not drink and drive! anyone who drink even a little and drives is taking a risk. So what if other people drink and drive, two wrongs do not make a right and will not restore a life if someone is injured or hurt. I know he suffers from depression, I read his book and I personally feel he needs to grow up a little. His fans making excuses for him only hurts him. How would y'all feel if he had crashed and killed himself.

mab1293

TJ, I spent $3500 with taxes and port charges for 2 to give my daughter a once in a lifetime gift to see someone she adored from a young age. That is what a mother does, Your insult is uncalled for. So was the condition of Mr. Springfield.

teacan

He was barely over the limit. He's probably looking sad, cause the cops are joy-riding his New Custom Built 63 Corvette! Hope there are no scratches on it Rick! You still Rock and look Awesome!!

Ray

Rick Springfield is a human being, just like the rest of us. We all make mistakes, and that's all he did. Otherwise, Rick is an awesome artist and he is doing great! I only hope when I reach his age, I am holding up so well! And YES, he has a lot of fans including me and my entire family. I wish him all the best, and will support him always.

Puckett

David 15 days ago
A person could have died because of his negligence.

---

And you could trip on a piece of hardened bubblegum on the sidewalk next week and die too.

He drove drunk, there was no accident and there was no injury other then to Rick's reputation. Despite his bad judgement no harm was done. Get over it.

I'm so sick of people saying "he/she could of killed someone" every time someone does something stupid, as if that makes what they did somehow worse then the actual outcome.

Tina

He STILL looks awesome for being 61 (almost 62) years old!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6