« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops Investigate UFC Legend Over Alleged Bar Attack

5/3/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UFC Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes is at the center of a police investigation ... after a female bystander told cops she suffered a broken nose when the fighter went off on another man inside an Illinois bar.

0502_matt_hughes_ex_getty

TMZ has confirmed 37-year-old Hughes was named in a police report filed in Taylor Springs, IL ... stemming from an April 23 incident at a place called Trails End Bar and Grill.

According to a source who was inside the bar, Hughes got into an argument with a male bar patron ... which led to some forceful shoving.

Sources tell us ... the woman is alleging Hughes pushed the other man into her ... and she suffered a broken nose in the collision.  TMZ obtained a photo of the woman's face taken after the incident.

05002_matt_hughes_victim_WM_tmz

Cops tell us an investigation is currently underway. Calls to Hughes have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Shit Happens

Just as I said, **** Happens!!!! Grow up, forget it, and move on!!! If you have to be ****y, stay out of the bars! Just asking for trouble :(

chickenfoot

i think its an improvement

Cat

I have a few comments to make but lets start with this first. I have no idea what happened in that bar that night I was not there. I have known Matt's family for years. The only thing I can say about Matt is that he is a pro fighter and should have never been in a bar brawl of any kind. He could be sued for all he is worth. He is putting his wife and family through enough with out this too. But the first of us that does not have some kind of dirty laundry they want kept in the closet then speak up! As far as the girl goes I have known her most of her life. She is not ugly by far, just not good pics. She does not need the money I am sure, so why would she sue! The only ones that really know what happened are the ones that were there. So maybe we should all just lay back and let it go!

headlock

I'm still trying to figure out why there are all these nasty comments on here about Lil. She is the one who got her nose broke. I know that her husband and Matt are friends so I'm sure Matt will do the right thing in this situation. I don't think anyone needs to sue anyone. I know there are people who are judging Matt because he was in a bar and pushed someone around and he's a UFC fighter. He's only human and it's his actions he takes afterwards that will make this right. I know as a fan I don't think I would be able to look at him the same if he didn't pay for the damages he caused and NO Lil's nose didn't look like this before. Only time will tell. Last I heard he has done nothing to make this situation right!!

evelyn

lets get over ourselves please. I have known him since he was young. Was just a bit older than my kids. I have no idea what happened that night but he should not even be in a shoving match in a bar he is a pro fighter. He could be sued for all he is worth. Shame shame should know better. Matt has a lot of dirty laundry he does not want air but who doesn't now days!

What goes around....

Well isn't karma a bitch. This girl is no innocent bystander. Can you say instigator??? Everyone knows how she is.

headlock

What goes around. Obviously you have a personal beef with the girl involved. I suggest you take it up with her to her face and not on a public forum. Sounds like Lil must have told you the truth about something you didn't want to hear. A public forum is where cowards talk trash. Matt and Lil were out with the same group of friends. She had nothing to do with the pushing match. There was another female there that the drunk kid bumped into and that's what started it.

FriendofLil

Lil is vindictive person... I would not trust her - she lives her life stirring up one mess of problems to another mess... and she ruins lives while doing her evil work. It is nice to see her trashed by those who know her best. Karma DID get you didn't it Lil!!

Jo

Lil has never ruined anyones life. People are responsible for their own lives and actions. Besides 5 people who do not have a life sitting at home trashing Lil on TMZ website by making several different email addresses up and making it look like there is several people trashing Lil is PATHETIC! Get a life ladies.

Eric Pink

that chick is retarded, Matt did not hit her, he would never do that, i live a few blocks from that bar, and i know Matt. this chick just wanted to make a name for herself, she really needs to grow up

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8