Katie Couric/CBS Negotiation -- DEAD!

5/4/2011 3:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric's negotiations with CBS to stay at the network to do a syndicated talk show are officially dead -- not gonna happen ... this according to plugged-in sources at CBS.

0504_katie_couric_cbs_ex

Our sources say the breakdown occurred because CBS was unwilling to give Katie substantial involvement in the network's news operation.  We're told CBS honchos were willing to give Katie pieces for "60 Minutes," but nothing more -- and Katie wasn't having it.

As a result, Katie will make a clean break from CBS and will not be doing a syndicated show for the network.

We're told ABC is now the likely future home for K.C.

t jam

KRISTINE JOHNSON BLOWS HER AWAY ANYWAYS !!! KATIE IS OLD NEWS ANYWAYS !!!1

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Bitch has enough money.....why not take some and spend it on some quality time for yourself...but like the rest...GREDD REARS ITS UGLY FACE AND ITS CALLED KATIE!

mommy1

I hope shes really gone. I quit watching the show. I don't like her. Her out look on things is pretty screwed up.

Evan Benz

Obama has a Katie Couric sex tape . . . but he's not going to show that to us either.

Lisa

When I hear her squeakly little mouse voice I quickly change the channel, this woman is annoying beyond belief. Did anyone have the misfortume of tuning in to her attempt to ruin the Royal Wedding with her non stop moronic comments? Have you watched painfully through her banal interviews and attempts to be relevant? She is appalling awful!

nomer

@ WTF. Really? You hope she gets ovarian cancer? You are a real douche bag! Why would you wish that on anyone? Sure, she's annoying, but she is someone's mother , daughter, sister and friend. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! Not cool

MoonDust

@Mark, what, she asked the simplest of questions and Palin couldn't even answer. She should name at least one magazine she reads or a supreme court case that she would be familiar with. LOL, Sarah is the idiot, not Katie C.

MoonDust

"I can see Alaska from my house" lol

MoonDust

oops, meant RUSSIA, but you all knew that, :)

PhilipMarkum

MoonDust, the quote is "I can see Russia from my house," I believe and yes, it was an idiotic thing to say. Julianne Moore is starring in an HBO movie about her and nails her 100%. Palin is scary even to conservatives. To me she's a complete loser and should never be allowed to run for public office when she quit her job as governor of Alaska. You don't just "quit" public office. If you do that should be your political death warrant. Go away Katie, go away Sarah, you both blow.

barbara

She would do good on the View if Walters leaves. Dopey show for people who sit around and watch TV during the day!

dan

She is an idiot. Nobody took her seriously once she left the Today show. She was trying to make a name for herself pretending to be a tough reporter. She's fluff nothing more. Just what we need another idiot talk show. She should just join the view instead of ruining another hour of television.

MIKEY

The hooker was going to abc in first place General Hospital is about to be canceled

Just My Thoughts

She's completely unlikeable.

Chris amstel

i work at CBS and i know this bitch she is the biggest pain in the butt, "Oh everyone for me i lost my husband" i can tell you this he is doing much better where he's at one last time she is the BIGGEST F-----G PERSON

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments