Cali Swag District Member Dies

5/16/2011 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M-Bone -- one the of the members of the rap group Cali Swag District -- died last night ... TMZ has confirmed.

Cali Swag District Shot

Earlier this morning, the group's leader, Smoove -- posted a Tweet saying, "Ma life changed drastically in the. Blink of an eye rip mbone."

So far, it's unclear how M-Bone died.

0516-cali-video2Cali Swag District shot to stardom with their hit, "Teach Me How to Dougie."

M-Bone -- real name Mante Talbert -- was 22.

Just last year, M-Bone and the rest of the guys came in to the TMZ studio and taught Harvey how to "Dougie." He couldn't have been nicer.

R.I.P.

who cares

Who?? Another dead gang banger no loss here why do we glorify these people as stars or entertainment? Gang banging and rap go together. So let these fools kill each other. No pity for anyone who had no problems robbing and stealing for his gang rapper or not.

OKAY!

My prayers go out to this guys family. I didn't know this kid but I have children that dance to this type of music. And for you to say that he was a "gang banger" how would you know? My kids dance with their friends and make lil beats and music too and come from a good home where they are taught what is right and wrong. And for the person that calls himself god, how do you know if there is not a heaven or hell? Did you die and come back to confirm this? I want to know, because I am a FIRM believer of GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Ghost! And I believe that if you are not saved and know that Jesus Christ died on a cross to take away your sins, that you will go to HELL, but if you believe, you will have eternal life in Heaven. By saying this, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I would rather believe in something to have eternal life than to burn in Hell. As for this young kid who has died in a senseless act, I don't know where his soul lies, but I pray that God has Mercy on his soul. May God bless you all, and touch your hearts, so that you may have eternal life with him in his kingdom!

desha

so sad...another young rapper die lord please let the violience stop

jade

r.i.p. everyone loved youu !!

cordelll

RIP i loved doing the dougie to your song GTH

Lil Tommy

theres dougie without you m-bone u will be missed (:

Garbo

So glad he's dead. Hip Hop Horray!!!

jolene

RIP TO U WERE A VERY GOOD GUYS Y DI DTHIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO U !!!!

gabrielle

R.I.P so sad we will miss u

Veronica 619

ITS VERY SAD FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE THEIR LIFE CUT SHORT... HE CAME UP ON FAME AND AT LEAST THERE WAS A TIME IN HIS LIFE HE GOT TO EXPERIENCE THE FAME AND SUCCESS. GOD DOES THINGS FOR REASON AND PEOPLE ARE IN AND OUT OF PEOPLES LIFE FOR A REASON. GOD HAS CHOOSE TO BRING HIS YOUNG SON HOME... NO IM NOT SAYING THE WAY HE DIED WAS GOOD...THATS VERY SELFISH OF THE PERSON WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER..NOW THAT HE IS RESTING IN PEACE WHAT WILL THE PERSON WHO KILLED HIM BE DOING FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE? SITTING IN A TINY PRISON CELL(STUPID) WELL MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND ALSO THE FANS WHO LOVED HIM...HE WAS AWSOME AT DOING THE DOUGIE... AND I LOVE THE SONG.... RIP MBONE,,,YOU STILL SHINING THROUGH THE SKYS...

jake

M-BONE SHOULD A LEARNED HOW TO DUCKIE! RIP

corpusimperium

someone apparently didn't wanna be taught how to dougie

sallyjsantos

Up-and-coming rapper Mante Talbert, better known as “M-Bone” from the group Cali Swag District was the tragic victim of a drive-by shooting this past weekend. The 22-year-old rapper from Southern California was shot and killed on Sunday evening.

dede

i know theres haters out there in the wourld.its sad being young and dieing,hope them haters out there r not happy of what they did.so rip m-bone 143 <3

OMG

i cant believe it weeks ago i was listining to "Teach me how to dougie" and then tryed to dancing it and know Cali Swag is Dead..WTF!!!I loved his song!!!R.I.P. Cali Swag!!!3 ):

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments