'Idol' Finalists Tour Contract -- $1,000 per Show

5/21/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol's" top 11 finalists are set to make bank over the summer -- because TMZ has learned they'll each get paid $1,000 for EVERY show they perform during the American Idol Live Tour.

0520_american_idol_top_10_EX

TMZ obtained a copy of the contract all Idol finalists had to sign before the show -- which spells out exactly how much dough they'll pull in if they're invited to participate on the international tour.

In addition to the $1,000-per-concert -- the documents show each finalist will share in merchandise profits from the tour ... and will also receive $50 in spending cash for non-concert days.

Finalists are also guaranteed to stay in "Marriott/Hyatt style" hotel accommodations while on the road -- and will fly coach between tour stops.

According to the contract, the tour will kick off immediately after the Season 10 winner is announced on May 25 -- and will go until the end of September.

Not bad for a summer job.

Michelle

Are you freakin kidding me? Why would they not pay these kids more than this???? If I were them I would protest and quit until the show paid more. Shame on American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!

eastcoastelliott

except for Pia & Lauren this bunch is horrible,look for slow ticket sales

Yurra Knutz

$1000 is the final offer. Take it or leave it... I thought so. HA!

annabel

i seem to recall that the higher ther contestant places the more he/she gets per show....the higher placed contestants sing more songs on tour. Are you sure your info is not about how much they get whle on the show ?

JulieB

I read around season 8 that it was $250K. Why else would Naima shout, "that's my house"? But now, $50,000 won't buy them anything and they can't do any side gigs (if any where offered) until after the tour. By that time, they'll be old news.

raheel

untrusted

Alan Carver

This show the tour it all has OUTLIVED it's relevancy and it all just needs to go away! No real talent with the handful of exceptions in 5 of the 10 seasons really matter at this point. In a recessed economy, this tour should play smaller venues to guarantee a sell-out at each show! They would be wise to do so and make more money and jack the prices up for the tickets so that the 'real-fan' pays whatever it takes to get in to see these 'karaoke singers'. Yeah this show is dumb ridiculous and so 2001! Next!

inittowinit

are they really making that much money anymore?what happen to idol gives back? they should fix the voting system,i think they lost some following due to that and the judges are not judging anymore,you need simon,heck when i sing alone in my car by myself i think i sound great,till my daughter broke it to me simon style.but 1,000 is ok don't forgey the exposure.

jon

So you are all complaining that these kids are going to make about $50,000 in 4 months? That is $150,000 a year! How many of those complaining here that this is not enough have banked $50,000 in 4 months? I'm sure this is a BIG step up from whatever $8 an hour job they had before they started the show.

Tom

You better get your tickets before the price-hike, http://bit.ly/idolstour11

me

"not bad for a summer job"...uh, maybe if you don't have ANY job!!!....they are being exploited!!!...$1,000 is extremely cheap considering how much the event producers are raking in....and $50 a day and coach???....just adds insult to injury....i'll bet they can't wait to get out from under those lame contractual obligations so they can make some real money....idol/fox will have everyone think they made them stars so they should be grateful...instead, i suggest they not be so damn GREEDY!!!

TLC

I am just not impressed with this year's contestents.

jam kim

I agree:Not everybody gets $1000.....the winners get $2000, that would be Scotty and Lauren. They close the show.
[url=http://www.nikesbsale.com]nike free[/url]

jam kim

I agree:Not everybody gets $1000.....the winners get $2000, that would be Scotty and Lauren.nike free They close the show.

Chase

THIS IS THE COMMENT TO END ALL COMMENTS:

American Idol will pay the entire cast "talent" over the course of the entire tour, roughly 2/3 of the revenue they will bring in from one show...Modern day slavery at its finest.

Yes, you could say they wouldn't make as much back home at their old jobs, but now that they are in this position AI is paying out 11k per show. That is upside down.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments