« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

De La Hoya

Cocaine Use Triggered Marital Infidelity

5/23/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oscar De La Hoya began drinking and using cocaine, which then caused him to have infidelity problems in his marriage ... sources connected with the former boxing champ tell TMZ.

0523_oscar_EX_Getty-01

We broke the story ... Oscar voluntarily checked himself into a treatment facility in California for substance abuse issues a few weeks ago.

Oscar has told friends he does not believe he hit bottom, but checked himself into rehab before things got totally out of control.

As one source put it ... Oscar has had fidelity issues and it seems to correlate with substance abuse ... and that's a matter he's dealing with in rehab.

0523_oscar_de_la_hoya_fighting_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Victoria

hmmmm.

Muppet

john5oregon

@Muppet - agreed! The few times I tried coke, I wanted my girl, and never thought of cheating...but the sex was good. :D

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

"Cocaine made me do it" is the new "Devil made me do it."

sloppy seconds

good on ya mate! i hope for the best for you.

Jack

fidelity problems, LOL. He's a male ho, there's no problem that's just the way he is and will always be.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Better yet, Oscar, you should say that Mildred Baena made you do it, because apparently Mildred Baena is a helluva drug.

james

cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Made it Past 27

men that cheat suck

Omar Almasri

Damn, he's still one of my favorite boxers even though he got killed in his final match.

Omar

Follow and share my unique blog: http://www.o-posts.net

ZeekOsbourne

"C'MON people, Oscar has been known as a womanizer since day ONE! This is nothing new. The dude has like several kids from various women. This is just another excuse to try and gain some sort of credibility, AYE , AYE , AYE!!!"

bigbucks

Maybe Oscar was still self medicating from that beating Manny gave him. I don't blame him.

MoonDust

yeah, alcohol and coke made him do it, his wife would be an idiot to believe that excuse. Hope she takes half of everything he owns. Don't make a commitment to anyone if you aren't ready to be with just one person, not fair to the other party involved. He probably cheated with a man.....is this dude worth 100 mil? he could be the herpes guy!

Majestik

Muppet 27 minutes ago This is as bad as using the excuse "I was drunk" when caught cheating! Do people really believe this crap? I don't!
-----------

He should man up and just admit he messed around on his wife and NOT use that as an excuse.

S.D.W.

The good thing is he is getting treatment for his drug use. I don't believe that cocaine made him cheat. That's a weak excuse. Was a former mistress of his threatening to sell her story to the tabloids? Either that or his wife caught him with someone else.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments