« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kyle Busch on Speeding Bust -- 'I Got Carried Away'

5/24/2011 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kyle Busch just issued a sort-of apology for his 128 mph speeding ticket -- chalking up his ridiculous speed to a test drive gone wrong, and the blatantly obvious ... "I got carried away."

0524_Kyle_Busch_GETTY_BN

In his statement Busch says , "I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went  beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

The NASCAR bad boy was driving a Lexus LFA when cops in Troutman, NC pulled him over today ... doing 128 mph in a 45 mph zone. BTW ... the LFA packs about 552 horses!

Busch added, "I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bryan

Could'nt have happened to a nicer *******. I definately agree with a previous post, he should have been arrested on the spot and taken to jail. I mean come on, if it were a regular citizen, they would have been charged with reckless driving, and gotten a free ride to the Gray Bar Hotel. Good goin Kyle, shows just what the true JERK you are, you coulda killed someones Mother, Father, Son, Daughter, Brother, Sister, Grandchild, or even someone's special pet. Save your childish antics for the track JACKASS.

chefadam

This car goes much faster!

Bootris

Above is a link to video of the LFA. Lexus actually lent the car to Kyle as a publicity stunt as Kyle drives for Lexus owner Toyota. They are lucky he did not stuff it in a tree as that would have been a nasty lawsuit. The chief test driver for Toyota was actually killed this year in a crash in a LFA at a racetrack. The LFA is one bad mama jama. It is a lexus w/is decieving because it is one of the most expensive and fastest cars on the planet at $375,000. It was designed from Toyota Formula One technology. As somone said earlier there is no was police on the ground would catch up to him with his driving training and this car. That said he could have been arrested for Felony reckless driving in many sates but I have the feeling North Carolina has weaker speeding laws than most states because of the NASCAR racing culture there. By the way here is a link to the Lexus LFA, Harvey might want to run what the car looks like on the TV show.

who dat

On the surface this looks bad. However, KB driving 130 is much less dangerous then 99% (of you) driving 55mph. His reflexes, talent and visual perception is so far superior, that it posed no real danger.

Agreed he did violate the law. As far as posing a danger....didn't happen. You may not agree but it's the reality. He has the best car control since Michael Schumacher.

bryan

And as for the person that was defending Kyle, Im sure glad he didnt kill anyone, but my question is. Would you feel the same way, and keep defending him, if he would have killed someone, better yet, one of your family members. I think not. Its not as if he could get by with driving 128 miles an hour everyday on the streets. You wanna test drive a car at 128 mph, go to Germany and drive it on the Autobaun.

Billie K

I do not believe that he has better control of this car then the average person doing 55 on a regular road. He didn't have his spotter telling him what to look out for in front of him. He is used to everyone around him driving the same circle and not having to watch for kids on bikes or animals running out in front of him. In California you are locked up if you go over 100mph as he should of been too. This is obvious I am better than you and can do what I want because of who I am...what a jerk.

Triton

Seeing as it's KY Busch, he probably insisted on giving a press conference so everyone would know what happened. He's historically an immature, uncaring, self-promoter (can't get anyone else to).
He doesn't care that he put everyone on this stretch of road in danger. He's a disgusting man, in every way. (Anyone else have trouble looking at this guy? Ick - shallow I know, but true).

He is not Nascar's bad boy. He's Nascar's imbecile -- it a ****ty thing he did however I expect nothing less from Ky busch.

who dat

Bootris, nice video of the car in question. ty.

NCGIRL

Bootris: even in the backwoods of NC they have speeding laws and anyone else would have been arrested for going this speed limit in this state! Yes because he is a NASCAR driver he got special treatment. I really think he would have received special treatment in ANY state because he is a famous driver.

who dat

By HANS GREIMEL on 6/24/2010

* Lexus LF-A test driver killed

When I met Hiromu Naruse, the so-called Godfather of the Lexus LFA, last month, the man before me was a focused, unflinching, car fanatic with little time for neophytes.

Toyota Motor Corp.'s weathered 67-year-old master test driver exuded an almost mystical air.

One never doubted his confidence or control behind the wheel. I certainly had no inkling, as we talked trackside at Germany's Nürburgring race circuit, that he would die there just a month later.

“I'm only halfway up the stairs,” he said, regarding plans for future racing and fine-tuning of the LFA super sports car he was instrumental in creating. “I'm still ready for the next step.”

Perfectionism seemed to ooze from every pore: “On every team, everyone does 99 percent. But it's the additional 1 percent that makes the difference in the pursuit,” he told me.

Perhaps it was a fitting end, dying strapped into the car he dedicated his golden years to. The LFA is the pinnacle of the Toyota lineup, not only in price but performance and engineering.

Toyota on Wednesday confirmed earlier press reports out of Germany that Naruse was killed when the yellow LFA he was test-driving crashed on a road just outside the circuit.

Press reports said his car crossed the centerline on a road near the 'Ring and smashed head-on into a BMW carrying two other test drivers. Both BMW drivers survived; one is in critical condition.

Pictures from Germany's Rhein-Zeitung newspaper show the mangled LFA lying nose-to-nose with a badly damaged purple BMW. Police quoted in the story said all the victims were wearing helmets and that cars were packed full of electronic equipment.

Naruse, who joined Toyota in 1963 and was a personal driving mentor to president Akio Toyoda, is believed to have logged more hours at the Nürburgring's notoriously demanding track than any other Japanese. Last year, he drove an LFA in the Nürburgring's 24-hour endurance race.

As the head of Toyota's Gazoo Racing Team, he earned the nickname Meister of Nürburgring.

Naruse loved the thrill of racing and pushing a car to its limits. But he was also keenly aware of his role as a test driver in tempering cars that will eventually be sold to the public.

“We want a car that people feel and comfortable in,” Naruse told me. “Until you try it out at a place like this, you just don't know.”

Hans Greimel is Asia editor for Automotive News.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100624/FREE/100629950#ixzz1NKYK8hi0

who dat

Here is the back story on the (LFA) test driver killed:

who dat

Here is the picture of the actual crash scene that took the life of the LF-A test driver:

tucker

What a total azz hole. This guy should be in jail and his sponsors should dump him. How totally irresponsible and selfish.

PRO US

who dat about an hour ago

---------------------------------------------------------------

@who dat:

Who do you think you're kidding? At least most, and probably all the other drivers on the road are not as good drivers (technically) as Kyle Busch and wouldn't necessarily be able to get out of his way fast enough, especially if they freaked out and did something stupid (like swerving) if they saw a car approach them that fast, when he's driving 128 mph in a 45 mph zone.

Even with a driver with the skills of Kyle Busch, there is no excuse for driving almost 3 times the speed limit and his doing so did potentially pose a danger to other people's lives on or near that road.

Any company that continues to sponsor this reckless and thoughtless, if not totally crazy, driver, doesn't care about the safety of the general public on the roads, IMHO. That's clear to me.

Majestik

Trinity929 3 hours ago Not sure why all of you are so mean. Hate the guy or love him, you all have so much hatred in your hearts and mind, i certainly understand why the world is so effing miserable.

I have no idea why he had to issue a public apology for a effing speeding ticket, this **** happens every day.

Yall are blowing this **** way out proportion. Sorry to the lady you said he might have killed your husband...glad that dude wasnt in the street at the time.

Damn.
--------------

Trinity, stop really, this isn't about his thread and his COMMETARY. It's all about his, behaviour. Then he releases an info where this s concerned and states his position and tries to pass this off as he's SORRY? LOL.

Sorry, but I'm not going there!!!!