« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Batista to Open New Ass-Kicking MMA Facility

6/7/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-WWE star Batista is teaming up with MMA royalty to groom a whole new generation of face-bashers ... with a brand new GYM -- just months after his own pro-fighting career was abruptly cut short.

0606_batista_studio_launch
According to sources, the 6'6" 290-pounder is in the process of opening an MMA training facility in Tampa called Gracie Fighter Jiu Jitsu -- and if the name Gracie sounds familiar ... it's because the Gracie family is credited with establishing modern day MMA.

The gym is currently only open to close martial artist friends ... but Batista and his partner Cesar Gracie -- who trains several top fighters on the West coast -- plan to open it to the public next week.

0606_strike_force_deal_dead_vid_smallAs we previously reported, Batista was all set to sign with Strikeforce before they were bought out by UFC -- but once the dust settled post-takeover, Batista's deal was dead in the water.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Damn! That guys is huge!

Sienna

Looks like David Hasselhoff

ed69

i wish he will do me nasty things.

grumpiestoldman

Jericho can still kick his butt.

Kyle Burris

Such a douche

Esther

Although Bautista works his ass off, I wish he would spend a little more time guiding his daughter, Athena. Why in the hell does she have a sex tape? Seriously? Not cool.

vince mcmahon

batista mason ryan come back to the WWE now!!!! **** tna

travcm

To be a pro fighter you should probably have some amateur fights first. This was another case of someone wanting to skip the whole process and go directly to one of the biggest name promotions without paying his dues. Another problem was the heavyweight limit in Strikeforce: 265 lbs. So unless TMZ is just cluelessly listing his wrestling day weight to make him sound huger, he was simply too big to participate in a sanctioned bout.

texasknight1

I like how dave is attempting to open some doors for new fighters/ future stars.. however his day is far from over. please come back to the wwe.

i would pay top dollar to see you extract revenge on cena.. better yet next yr alongside the rock Super-beat down cena.

yabba dabba do.. come back animal come back!
This television has a poison on it's breath.
This counter culture of both wicked lies and death.
It makes my eyes bleed everytime I turn around.
How will they all feel when I bring them to the ground?
And I say.

I walk for miles inside this pit of danger.
A place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

I'm sick of all these people talkin' out their heads.
I've never understood a damn thing that they said.
From words to actions never knowing what they're about.
I guess I'll have to chew them up and spit them out.
And I'll say!

I walked for miles inside this pit of danger.
I've swallowed down a thousand years of anger.
The weight of the world is falling on my shoulders.
A place where no one follows me I walk alone

I walk alone.
Yeah.

I walked for miles inside this pit of danger.
I've swallowed down a thousand years of anger.
The weight of the world is falling on my shoulders.
A place where no one follows me I walk alone.

I walk alone.

Dave this is your theme song.. do you remember.. ?

Cella

lol @ grumpiestoldman - right you are.

karlew

@Bubbles

LOL LOL LOL

Steve

I know he's a big name, but seriously man, you can't open a Gracie gym unless you're at least a black belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Bautista's only opening this thing for the money man, and it's disgusting. These fake mixed martial artists are only coming into this sport to cash in. It's embarrassing.

KhatesBellyButton

I would love to go a few rounds with Batista ( in the bedroom) so I can see what he's made of. I hope he doesn't disappoint............LOL

CriticAl

So sign with the UFC! Get Dana on the phone and ink a deal.

You're crazy if you don't think Batista as a co-main event wouldn't be a big seller. Who's going to move more tickets and PPV buys? JDS? Carwin? No.

Parental Control Software

he looks such a Supermodel.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments