« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chris Bosh Begs Judge -- Let My Kid Go to NBA Finals

6/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh desperately wants his 2-year-old daughter to watch him play in the NBA Finals -- but his baby mama won't let her go to the games -- so he's going to court to try to force her hand.

0607_chris_bosh_EX_Getty_01

Bosh and his ex-girlfriend, Allison Mathis, are locked in a bitter custody war -- and while they hash out a permanent solution, they are currently abiding by a temporary court-ordered arrangement in which they share custody ... and right now, their daughter is with Mathis.

TMZ obtained an emergency motion Bosh filed with a Maryland court last week -- asking the judge to temporarily alter their agreement so "[Bosh's daughter] is able to share in what, to date, is the pinnacle of Bosh's professional career, and possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity."

In the docs, Bosh also includes an email he sent to Mathis last month in the hopes of striking a deal outside the courtroom.

0607_bosh_doc_EX_2

In the letter, Chris states, "I am embarking on a new chapter of my life by making it into the finals for the first time in my professional career and it's very important to me to have the people closest and dear to my heart to be able to share these moments with me."

Bosh continues, "If we can make this happen please respond asap and I will set up the arrangements for pick up/drop off without you even having to lift a finger."

According to the legal docs, Bosh never heard back from Mathis. So far, the judge has yet to rule on the matter ... but a source close to Allison tells us she does not want to change the arrangement.

But there's a silver lining in this story for Bosh -- according to the original arrangement, he's due to get custody of the kid back on June 11 ... one day before Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

And since the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night -- evening the series at 2 games a piece -- it seems Bosh will get to play in front of his daughter after all.

UPDATE: Mathis' mother tells TMZ, "She never objected to those dates for the playoffs or any such thing."

0608_chris_bosh_balling_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

GTodd

I'm not sure what two year old's you guys are talking about, but my daughter is very aware of "daddy's work". She comes to my office from time to time and works in her little work station while daddy works. She'll remember more than you think.

USB

AMAZING, if your daughter is so precious, why don't you pay adequate child support. The money you've spent preventing her mom from working and fighting NOT to pay child support should be going to your child. You want her there solely for a public display for you. Shame on you for using your daughter.
If you loved her you would want her to have a great life even when she's not with you.

You're a sorry dad. If your girlfriend were any type of women she'd encourage you do the right thing

chicagannie

eeek - a 2 year old at the NBA finals? Who'd want to sit near that?! Squealing, and whining (her dad - I'm sure the tot is a perfect angel)

Tameka

Its not about if she is 2 or 24, its about the memories he will share with his child. If she falls alseep at the game, then so be it, but let the man have some type of rights to his child. He can show her tapes when she grows up. I could see if he was not taking care of his child. People are crazy, mad, selfish, and ungreateful. If he was a thug out here in the streets she would let that child go everywhere.

Attorney

If she's so precious why won't he pay child support!

Miklo

From what I remember he was engaged with the Mother than left her when she was 7 months pregnant without helping her at all. She moved back to her parents 2 bedroom apartment and he didn't help her out at all with any medical bills or anything. He even denied he was the father of the child. Maybe alot has changed since then and he now has a good relationship with the daughter, I don't know, if so he should have his daughter there. But I remember hearing a lot of things about him being a deadebat Dad in the beginning. Again, this is only things I have heard, I do not know what was proven and such

JLo on Steroids

the only cry babies here are you punk as$ b1tches. the kid would up later ONE NIGHT ONLY, give it a god dam rest. I hope he gets to take his daughter to the game

JLo on Steroids

People talking like they know the woman, we dont know why he left her..ever think maybe she was a cheating ho..just saying you never know and they will probably figure out child support after the custody issues are resolved. "locked in a bitter custody war" ps she would have better seats than all of you, she could even have a box so stfu

truth hurts

Bosh is a fool! She's 2 and there is this new fangled thing called a DVD! Poor child... I hope the judge understands this is a sign that maybe she should be with her mother.

Butterfly

I AM NOT MUCH OF A SPORTS FAN. I hardly know the difference between baseball and football so, who am I to talk? Until now, I had not heard of the Bosh family problems and, if true, I agree with some of the negative comments, especially about a noisy park, smoking, drinking, probably screaming bad language, etc, however, even tho the child is only two years old, just think how his adrenalin will pump his game to victory for her to view the tapes when she is old enough knowing her daddy played his heart out for her and for his team and hopefully, go on for the big, WIN! It would be great, wouldn't it? Let her daddy have this one! What could it hurt? If it doesn't work, you can come back and scold me, in a nice way, later. Good Luck, to all!!!

Bill Leslie

haha - ****** should have keep his **** in his pants rather than get caught up in baby mama madness.

Zaidi

Is all this drama worth it over a damn game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow up Bosh! You lost anyway!!!

thaflygirl

I have one question to ask and this will seal the deal... If she was still with bosh and/or if bosh asked her to come along with the baby. That 2yr old baby would be up in the stands till 2am if need be come on stop with the excuses.. This straight up ignorance and no one is being hurt but the children. So what if dont remember she will have pictures and footage showing that she was there at her father's first championship game. Stop thinking about self and please put the kids first...

Philip Wilder

I just paid $24,31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34,26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68,18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7