Jesse James Pays Up After Bloody Dog Attack

6/8/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A pitbull belonging to Jesse James escaped from the reality star's Texas bike shop this weekend and
attacked another dog being walked in the area -- nearly killing the innocent animal ... TMZ has learned.

0607_jesse_james_dog_ex

TMZ spoke with a rep from Animal Control in Austin, TX -- who confirms cops were dispatched to the scene after Jesse's dog -- not Cinnabun -- went after a corgi named Buckley and chomped down on his neck.

We're told the person walking Buckley freaked out -- and began punching the pit bull in the face because it wouldn't let go of the corgi.

Eventually, cops arrived to the scene and freed Buckley -- who was rushed to a nearby vet for emergency care. Buckley had to be sedated and stitched up -- and doctors inserted a drainage tube into his neck to prevent infection.

After the incident, Buckley's owner got in touch with Jesse's assistant -- who eventually forked over $250 to cover the vet bill. We're told Jesse has also promised to cover any additional medical expenses.

Genghis Khan

Just another idiot who has no business owning this type of dog. Obviously untrained and a menace to society. Hopefully they take it away from him, and get it the training it needs. Hopefully they won't have to put it down.

Obviously JJ isn't the pack leader otherwise this type of **** would never happen.

happyday

I don't usually like stereotyping, but in this case 100 % of the time, pit bulls are only owned by white trash idiots who must be lacking in the wiener department. Gotta be manly and macho in some way, right?

It's just true, men who own pit bulls have small wieners. Women who own them are weak.

Idiots.

Karon

@Meanie...really??? Mostly "acquired by certian type of people""...well I'm a 52 year old grandmother who owned a Pitt for 9 years before I had to put her down cause she got sick! I have 5 grandchildren who were around her all the time, and she never once so much as growled at them. She was raised with nothing but love. Most of the time these Pitts that get out and hurt someone have been tied up and not shown much attention their whole lives. You take any dog and tie them up and when they get out they are gonna act crazy. I worked for a lady that had a chiuwawa ( don't know how to spell that), but it was the meanest little dog I've ever seen. I would have never trusted my grandkids around that dog, but I did with my Pittie. Oh and their jaws don't lock....thats a myth. The only reason you have another Pitbull attack is because thats the only ones the News likes to report!

Meanie

@ Skin - Have a good friend with a 215 pound English Mastiff. Nicest dog you'd ever want to meet. Actually if given a choice between a Shepherd or a English, I'd go with the English. Better overall temperament. Now, take a TRUE German Shepherd, the longer haired ones. That is a dog that hasn't been over bred created the environment that has made North American Sheps aggressive and possessive. Have a relative with 2 King Corso Mastiffs. His first one, I wouldn't turn my back on, the 2 he has now, nice dogs.

So as for my thinking not making sense, I suggest that you have to look at the overall picture of the breed. No matter how well you've trained YOUR dogs - IMO one has to look past just the breed and see what has been done TO the breed. Pitts have been bred with the attempt to make them bad assed dogs. It's succeeded and it DESERVES the reputation it's created. Sheps were bred to be the same way in the 70s.

TMP

and THIS is why Pit Bulls have a bad rep. When we first moved into our new house, our home owners insurance listed the only dog that wasn't covered as a pit.. of course, that's what we had. She was very gentle and loving but we had to find a new home for her. It was awful.

Jesse James seems to have a lot of issues with his pits. Always getting out, getting lost and now this. He's not a very responsible pit owner and when "celebrity dogs attack" it's huge news... of course, it's huge NEGATIVE news for the breed. Not all pits are aggressive and are going to attack the first thing they see... like most dogs (and even people) it has a lot to do with how they are raised.

Gotta love the double standard as well.. if it were MY pit that got out and attacked another dog, it would have been put to sleep without a second thought.

Meanie

@ Karon. Yep, sorry... but a CERTAIN type of person. The breed tends to draw a certain type of owner. Just like purse dogs draw a certain type of owner. Just like people who get hazard snakes and spiders are a certain type of owner. Just like cat people are certain types of owners. Stereo types exist because they reflect the image as a generality. Such is life.

happyday

Michelle, I applaud Canada for trying to ban them. I might move there! My cat and I were attacked by a pit bull in our own yard in Austin a few years ago. My cat died, and I ended up at the emergency room. The owner was your typical fat, ugly, nasty white trash loser with no class.

Hank

This loser needs to keep his dogs contained. He seems to think they can just run loose. I used to raise pits and they need responsible owners they don't like other dogs sometimes even if they are raised together. Jesse is a moron and should have these dogs taken away before anything more happens. What an idiot!!!

bunny

Put that sick creep to sleep already. Oh and his dog too.

happyday

@Karon. Sorry, but it's just true. Your choice in dogs says a lot about your character. It just does. And yes, lots of little dogs are snippy and aggressive, but they don't have the killing power that pit bulls do. That's just common sense.

I've been attacked by a pit bull, my cat was killed by one, and my mom's dog was attacked by a neighbors' rescue pit bull and sent to the hospital.

They are a dangerous breed and their owners know that. They are desperate to look tough and dangerous so they choose these dogs. I just hope they know it actually has the opposite effect--it makes them look weak and sad.

Cody

Anybody who owns a pitbull has some serious insecurities and image issues... Its the only animal that I believe should be systematically put into extinction.

kay

That pit bull should be put down...what if it had been a child he attacked instead of another dog? It happens every day.

Jesse James is a low-life menace to society who should be made to pay for the emotional suffering the attack caused to the corgi's owner as well.

kp

That seems way to cheap for any vet bill, I pay at least 300 -400 every time I take my dog to the vet and that is not surgery. The pit bull should he forced to go to some kind of dog training and have to wear a muzzle.

happyday

Pit bull attacks are all too common around where I live. Not long ago a 7 year old boy was killed by his family's pet pit bull. They pampered that dog and gave it nothing but love. They had it for years and had no problems at all. Then one day the boy was running through the house laughing, and the dog killed him on the spot.

Pit bulls are notorious for suddenly turning on you for no reason. That grandmother on here that had her grandkids around hers all the time should be counting her lucky stars that didn't happen to her. So irresponsible....

CEE

About all these Pitbull comments. It's not the dog. It's the owner. Why does it seem to always be Pitbulls? Because Labrador attacks dog isn't a headline grabber.