My Partner Screwed Me Over TV Show -- In a Hot Tub!

6/9/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man who claims he and another guy co-created the TV show "White Collar" while soaking in a hot tub says his hot tub partner screwed him, and he's filed a lawsuit that was inspired by the movie "The Social Network."

0608_romero_ex

Travis Romero claims he and Jeff Eastin often channeled their creative juices in Jeff's San Fernando Valley hot tub ... and it all came together one day when they concocted the plot for "White Collar."

The two have a lot of history ... meeting 20 years ago when they worked as camp counselors at the YMCA.

But friendships often end, and according to Romero, he crashed and burned when Eastin allegedly stole the glory and the financial fruits of the show right out from under him.  Eastin is listed as the sole creator in the show credits.

Romero stewed over the alleged backstab for more than a year, but was inspired to take action after seeing "The Social Network."  According to the lawsuit, "As he watched the movie Romero realized that Eastin took advantage of him much like Mark Zuckerberg took advantage of Eduardo Saverin."

Romero wants unspecified damages.

We called Eastin's rep.  So far, no comment.

sonny

1st

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Welcome to Insincere Partnering!

Jackie

Damn it TMZ....Your site freeze my pc each-time you have flashy background. I understand that's how you earn a living, but can you tell Mozilla to do something about their plugin or yours. Thanks!

Anyway...maybe time for them to get real sticks in each-others behind.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Hey Jackie! Did you have a nice Birthday? I don't know why I remembered it was you, but thought I'd check. :)

two cents

He ought to thank his lucky stars. That show is crap! First season was ok, but just the same old stuff. Time to shelf it.

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

So what you are hinting at is that they are gay?

Kathy

You can't really trust anybody.

Heidi

Holy crap, who the hell cares? Their Americans with yet another lawsuit. Thats what Americans do..constantly, for everything, all the time, for stupid ****! Its not news worthy!!!

McG

Yes folks, that's right, if you and __________ get in your hot tub tonight, you too can come up with an idea for a crappy TV show, resulting in yet another lawsuit to tie up the already overloaded court system.

Hanging to da lef

"Concocted?" or "Con****ted?"

seriously

Uhm, this show is actually really REALLY similar to the 60s drama that ran for a couple seasons "It Takes A Thief" which is inspired by the 50*****ch**** movie "To Catch A Thief." Which are based on an old proverb where it takes a thief to catch a thief.

Was one of my dad's favorite shows and from it he earned his poker nickname of Al Mundy, as he became known for his ability to steal pots.

seriously

Stupid censoring. Make that the 1955 Carey Grant movie "To Catch a Thief" directed by Alfred Hitch*****.

tessa

funny how one person does all the work then a parasite slimes along and wants a big piece o' pie

dan

i like how these guys claim they came up with a show that bares a serious striking resemblance to catch me if you can the steven spielberg film

Mikey

their creative juices in Jeff's San Fernando Valley hot tub ... all came together one day... I get it, its a homo spat. You sick F's

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments