Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

janet

@john grey..

If this is not another stunt...I'm a little surprised. This is a business involving millions of dollars and after what Sheen pulled on WB, Lorre and CBS VERY VERY 'PUBLICALLY', I would think he's not worth the risk of him pulling the same crap on them. I agree. Sheen crossed many lines and burned too many bridges. Is Sheen even marketable anymore?

Remember, this was not the Charlie Sheen Show, and he had wonderful castmates that made the show work.

Also keep in mind they went out of their way to get Sheen help whatever it took. Sheen said no and went out of his way to make their differences public. I still think if Sheen didn't go public would have been a different outcome.

Mindy

Who TF cares?

janet

Sheen is not the first one to pull this no me there is no show crap. These shows did go on for a few more seasons.

Their careers were never the same. For example

Farrah Fawcett
Suzanne Sommers
Valerie Harper
Roseann Barr
David Caruso (was known as pulling a Caruso, took well over 10 yrs.)
Brett Butler
Shannon Dougherty

All of these people were pulling the the same stuff. They had good shows. It backfired on them.

SYLVI212

All of you that said this news was "BS" were right! Go to MSNBC.com to the "Entertainment" section. The article says the "buzz" was put out there by his manager but there has not been any "deep negotiations" with anyone and none of the networks trust Sheen enough to do anything with him right now. Another delusion on Sheen's part. That dude really needs some serious help.

Mairzee_dotes

I notice they changed the picture of him on this article today. The one yesterday had him laughing and showing his teeth. Must be he read all the negative comments about his looks
and had Harvey change it.

tammy

you were head on when you said charlie made the show nobody could fill his shoes when it comes to two and half men

Loving Monterey

Seeing is believing. Can you imagine the contract and morals clause that he will have to sign? Or even the insurance coverage on him?

I think he is blowing crack smoke up the medias ar$e again, but I will wait for confirmation from another source before I believe this.

Arturo

I love how a lot of commenters are all like "I used to be a fan but not anymore." Oh, please get over yourself, you probably have someone close to you is way worse. I'm a fan of Chuck and always will be a fan of Chuck." The media makes him look terrible.

Rlynh

It's hard to believe that any network would risk millions of dollars on this unstable, drug-addled boozehound. I think this is just more Charlie hype.

Jacob shaw

WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bg

wow big freaking deal charlie sheen went on a drug binge, big ******* deal, what he does on his own time and in his own home is his business. I hope his new show rocks an puts Two and a half men out, that show will def. not be the same without charlie "its about his lifestyle" All you charlie haters are just mad that you cant party like a rock star.. if he wants to party let him.

afan

I thought Ashton Kutcher wasn't doing Punk'd anymore.

Michelle

thanks for changing the picture of Charlie, the one on the original post made him look like death. At least this one he looks like he could have a career again.

michelle

I still watch the reruns and laugh at them too. The show does just what it was created to do... provide comedic relief. I have no personal investment (or interest) in Charlie Sheen or anyone else on the show. When the show is no longer amusing to me then I shall move on.

winning

good for you charlie good luck with everything and **** the haters commenting on here they clearly have no life :)