Sly Stone Pleads Not Guilty In Cocaine Case

6/15/2011 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sly Stone -- leader of the legendary band Sly and the Family Stone -- has pled NOT GUILTY to cocaine possession stemming from an arrest back in April.

0615_sly_stone_EX_Getty_01

Stone appeared in an L.A. County Superior Courtroom this morning ... after skipping a scheduled appearance last week due to complications from an existing medical condition.

As TMZ first reported, the 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after cops say Stone was carrying freebase cocaine.

If convicted, Stone could face some serious time behind bars.

0615_sly_mini_launchSly left court less than an hour ago -- and his lawyers James Silverstein and Peter Knecht were amped ... telling us, the prosecution doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Kathy

Some people just do not age well.

chris

YIKES! Nice Jeri-Curl. You have freebase coke on your person and u claim it's not yours? A move taken from the Pari******on Playbook.

Why these stupid "celebs" just dont take ownership for their actions is well beyond my realm of comprehension.

Evan Benz

The Cocaine said to Sly " I want to take you Higher"

Then Sly started dancing around. And every time the Cocaine said "Higher".
Sly would throw his hands up in the air !!!

john5oregon

If you have coke on you, and you're caught, why bother pleading not guilty in the first place?

Dumb.

Tony K

Brother Sly: Remember Rick James,don't go that route.

kp

PARI******ON
can you help Sly out with this little problem,
What do you have to do to walk away laughing at the COURT SYSTEM

stu

my gosh...is tat really u Sly Stalone? STOP DEM DRUGS MAN!!!

Jodi

He looks bad...definitely not looking like everyday people. lol

SJ

Sly has had very difficult challanges in his life, health & otherwise. He is still a genius in my book. He influenced many, many folks.
I pray that he will end up behind bard, only so he will once & for all, have a chance at conquering addictions & receive regular medical care.
Blessed Be, Sly. Take care of you for us.

adam scandlers

flatbent

TMZ dont like me

Damn, he came to court looking like that?? Yeah, he really is on the pipe...

Joao

OMG Sly looks HORRIBLE!!!!

I don't think I'll get old, at least not be a drug addict

hittiharhar

faltbent

Val

Is it just me or does this man look like a shorter version of "Herman Monster" from the "Monsters"???? At first glance, I thought this was some kind of spoof or something. I'm all for freedom of expression, but he went to court looking like this??? My Lord, he doesn't look good at all! If he's been on drugs all these years, it's a mystery how he's managed to stay alive this long. Didn't he go to jail some years back for drug charges? It's ashame that this man is pushing 70 years o****e and still finding himself in these crazy situations. Just sad...

Holly

He looks nothing like he did back in the prime of his career, What a mess.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments