« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dallas Mavericks Star 911 -- He's Drunk and Mumbling

6/16/2011 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made the night Dallas Mavericks star DeShawn Stevenson was arrested for public intoxication -- and according to the caller, Stevenson couldn't even talk straight.

0616_deshawn_911_launch2

The caller tells the 911 operator, Stevenson was "extremely loud and mumbling" as he and another man banged on doors at an apartment complex, even though they didn't live there.

As we previously reported, Stevenson was arrested for public intoxication in Irving, Texas Tuesday night after officers felt he was a "danger to himself and others. "

Stevenson was eventually released after posting the $475 bail.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cindhy

so what if he was drunk,

Kathy

His neck tattoo makes me flinch--didn't that hurt a LOT? Ouch--Ouch--Ouch

Arete

I don't get why people can get arrested for public intoxication during the night time... I've never been arrested for it, but if people want to be loud and obnoxious "after hours", why not let them?

woody

BASH ALL YOU WANT BUT MIAMI GOT THE ASH BEAT! GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ATL

Dumb a$$

Stratcat

That's how he always talks!

Jim

Well if you want to look like you belong to a gang, then spend the night in jail. Idiot wants to tattoo himself like that, white or black, shows me there`s not much going on upstairs.

Rogue Warrior

How pathetic for the pigs to choose this occasion to show their authority and lack of a spine growing up!

R

How the hell can you get tats on your neck without hacking a lung up?

Robbie

was at the parade/celebration today. Def looked wasted there.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

You need a freakin' masters degree in Ghetto Ebonics to understand him in the first place.

Sticks

I love all the racists comments. And we wonder why the US is the way it is. So very sad you people are... If he was drunk and in public causing a disturbance, then I dont care who he is, he should go sit in the tank!

caroline

The Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions!! WHOO-HOO! I was at the AAC today and every single player on my team is a class act and I'm proud that they represent Dallas! DESHAWN... LOVED YOUR "DOUGIE"!!! See ya next year!

Wendy

C'mon - have you ever heard an articulate drunk person? If it were Dirk the police would have given him a ride home.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2