« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Proud BCer

This is not reminiscent of what Canuck fans are about. There are many fans across the province and in Vancouver tha*****ched the game and didn't react like this. Disappointment yes, and even some self-deprecating humor but this was not what the vast majority of us are about, we lost fair and square. This was a group of people who many believe were going to riot either way because they thought it was "cool" in the end they looked like idiots. Young, foolish and yes some older and foolish who embarrassed the rest of us with their behaviour. Hopefully those responsible will be brought to justice and we will definitely cheer that on!

CC

... and it wasn't until he reviewed the video footage that he realized that burning sensation wasn't gonnorhea....

Sharon Flemming

I hope they throw the book and those who purposely went down there to start the riot!!! It sounds as though they weren't hockey fans at all - just people who like to cause trouble, then mob mentality took over. What a sad mess! When they are caught, and they will be - they should pay for all the damages - and then lock them up with the internet hackers!

george fudge!

Hope the hospital that tool ended up at, was made to wait until he was the last person there.

Carolyn Munro

My apoligies Vancouver folks. I have realized the ones that did all the riots, fires and distroying buildings IS NOT the typical locals

Those idots are gangs that intend to do nothing else but make trouble regardless if a loss or win, thy would do the same
I;ve made a few trips to Van and always so very nice people. That is what shocked me to see all this on the news this AM.

Now I know, it isn't the typical Van folks,or Canuks fans, you would not do this

I hope the police has all those idots in jail now and make them pay GOOD

Congrats Canuks and Congrats Boston. Both a terrific job well done

canadian-woman

I was watching the TMZ. The Vancouver Canucks kicked ass they didn't win. But The Jerks who destroyed a beautiful city the whole world like TMZ saw what happen. But they didn't see the whole thing.

You didn't see the real fans and peole coming down to help clean the city up that is true Vancouver Canuck fans. I would love to see TMZ to come down to Vancouver BC Canada to see what a beautiful city we have with out putting the wrong story about the riot that happen.

GhostofQuarry

Please don't mistake Nugget for a criminal! He had nothing to do with the riot or the looting... Just a classic case of shouldn't have been standin there! FYI Hank n Dank are doin great! no injuries to report..hahaha too funny.

Dan Piljek

This was the work of some 20 something hooligans and didnt have a thing to do with the game but just out looking to cause trouble They will be caught and dealt with Dummies!!

Cujeaux

Rainee: Yeah, our pro sports leagues. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? We don't need canadian teams in any of our leagues to be successful and when Canada is given the opportunity you F* it up. You can't support anything other than your hockey (Montreal Expos and Vancouver Grizzlies anyone?) which is a very violent sport. It's no wonder there was mayhem after you lost. Believe me if we hosted the Canucks in Boston and there were riots the likes of which you had there, you would be ALL over it busting on Americans. It's your favorite past time next to giving each other concussions.

I pity any American who had the misfortune of being on the road the night of the Canucks loss. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were some traffic fatalities as well.

Hahahahaha

As A Canadian Im Proud Way To Take That Nade To Your Nads For Your Country Good Sir

G Gallardo

Just saw TMZ on TV featuring NY Giant anti-gay marriage issue. Conclusion: TMZ is gay!! What network shows TMZ?? Guess what, in the South Park definition of the word (gay), this network is also gay!!!

WTF VANCOUVER?!

I'VE BEEN A PROUD CANADIAN FOR 32 YEARS BUT THIS IS SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT CANADA!!!! WTF?!

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU RIOT FOR SPORTS?! RIOT FOR DEMOCRACY, FOOR OR WATER BUT GOOD GRIEF, WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE CANADIAN!!

HARPER NEEDS TO GET BACK TO THE TABLE WITH STRICT LEGISLATION AROUND LAW ENFORCEMENT. PEOPLE ARE GETTING AWAY WITH FAR TOO MUCH THESE DAYS.. TOTAL BULL****!

THOUGHT WE WERE SMARTER THAN THAT?! WAY TO GO AND SHAME ON THOSE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THESE RIOTS!

SIGNED,
DISGUSTED ONTARIO RESIDENT

proudnot2bliberal

What many folks don’t realize is Vancouver is the Canadian equivalent to San Fransissyco here in the US very far left city.

These idiots were not the typical Canadians they were your college age anarchist brain washed by their socialist egghead professors. Nothing some a good strong dose of teargas, free flying batons & Tasers wouldn’t cure

Stevie

Since this rioting also happened in 1994 when Vancouver lost in the finals...why would the city put up giant viewing screens and encourage mass crowds to gather downtown again? The geniuses who came up with that idea are at fault. The Boston fans had to hit the bars to watch the game.

Kel

Yes this is very sad nd it should nevver have happened. What bothers me is the comments from everyone, if youu watch more videos other than this loser getting a nut shot you will see that there were many heros alike. Ranging in age from late teens to a senior cittizen. However there where more on the wrong side and if people kept getting in their way they would beat them. Than the following morning a FB group was orginized for the cleanup and there was a huge number of volunters. I take my hate off to you all from putting your well being in danger to the many volunters. That is what Vancouver is about, that is what Canada is about. GO CANUKS GO...next year.

p.s. one thing that is good, is Weiner is getting far more coverage on TMZ than Vancouver, GO WEINER GO.