Lindsay Lohan: All I Had to Drink was TEA!!!!

6/24/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is adamant she did NOT drink wine, beer or liquor during her stint on house arrest ... insisting her dirty test was caused by a fermented tea that contains a TEEEENY amount of alcohol.

0623_lilo_kombucha_ex

Lohan has been telling friends she's been drinking her favorite kombucha tea again ... the same tea that caused her probation officer to raise a red flag earlier this year because it contains alcohol. The company behind the drink claims the alcohol content is less than .05%.

Of course, the judge ruled that Lindsay is ALLOWED to consume alcohol during her house arrest sentence ... so the dirty test didn't matter anyway.

TMZ spoke with Lindsay about the situation ... and she told us, "I am responsible, and I'm following the rules and obeying my judge and the Los Angeles judicial system."

She adds, " I'd like to do what I must to get my film career back and the respect of directors, actors, writers, studio heads, fans and so on."

Jonno

Yeah - Long Island Iced Tea!

SR

I think its hilarious how many people in the U*****e people they've never met. Acting like they've never done anything wrong and their **** don't stink. She is drinking a fermented tea. Oh know lets panic and throw her in jail she is getting out of control drinking tea! Get over yourselves.

Ghost Rider

Lindsay believes her own lies, so I guess everyone else should as well. These people who lie a lot really do believe there own lies you know, its really funny.

jay

leave her alone...

gregoryb

Lohan Win.

marybeth

You should have the rules being on "house Arrest" as people who are in jail. She's on house arrest because of over crowding.

pancake

Bitch! stop makn the state an tax payers waste money in court and extra security dnt drink that fkn tea! penalize her with 50gs dnt trow the dumbass in jail that's more money to spend on the ****

Jan

Lohan doesn't get it that it will take years to get her reputation back to what it was when she was a kid. What I do see is that her constant need for public attention still exists. Two weeks at home means nothing, as her friends bring her what she needs. She's deceptive, a liar, and she'll screw up, always does, always will. The public doesn't like her.

jpm4444

The L.A. bench is so star struck that celebs are above the law.

Tea is made of alcohol? lol; is she 12? what a lie.

And what a cult like comment sad sad; we want to see her fail. lol; no we want to see justice.

Our taxpayers money is paying for these court proceedings and special security while she's there.

She's violated parole TWELVE TIMES!!!! But it's all good.

Everyone in the L.A. court system that lets her get away free needs to be fired.

bill

I LOVE Lindsay Lohan.

eric

did she just say she wanted people to respect her........hahahahahhahaha what a piece of trash

ghfghfg

she looks super mean, but she is SO NICE! I do that too! She is such a down to earth sexy cool girl who doesn't give a ****!

Blood Red Witch

Thank you Lindsay, for continuing to give us entertainment. You are a never ending source of amusement. At least when you are on a short leash, so you cant hurt others.

andyconda

the DA and Sheriffs dept. are only trying to do their jobs.

My step dad was chief of police in miami. He was a cop for 30 years.

tried to keep s*** bags off the street to make it safe for people.

Nicole what do you think would have happened to lindsay if every time she got busted they just blew it off. If they would have let her get away with the DUIs.

It would not have been pretty!!!

She has never been to trial has she? she has pleaded out every time.

If she was so freaking innocent she would have fought atleast one charge.

some guy

I wish Lindsay would stop doing things where it seems like she's pushing the boundaries of the law. Why can't she just drink a Snapple? Arizona also has some nice, unfermented stuff.