MTV to 'Jersey Shore' Cast:

Arrivederci For Good!

6/24/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Jersey Shore" confirm with TMZ ... MTV will say goodbye for good to the current cast when they wrap Season 5.

0624-jersey-shore-cast-bn
Although some big wigs on the show denied it last week, we're told MTV wants a fresh cast of characters after they wrap Season 5 -- which begins shooting in New Jersey Monday.

Here's the thing.  MTV gets the best of both worlds.  They can keep the "Jersey Shore" machine going by growing a new crop of much cheaper stars.  And, as for the break-outs in the original cast -- including The Situation, Snooki, JWOWW and Pauly D ... the network has already signed them to spinoffs.

Glynn

Never watched. Don't care.

Reader

GOOD... This is the worst show ever! I couldn't even last 5 minutes watching this garbage and to think it made these punks semi famous. The guys are not cute and act like a bunch of idiots, and Snooky terrible!! Worst reality show with a cast that makes me never want to visit New Jersey

DAun

These idiots received far more air time than they deserved. That's part of what's wrong with America - kids watch this show and actually try to be like them! WHY??????

Pickle8182

Spinoffs? Oh that's funny. And here's a thought-why not try getting people who are actually from NJ this time. They're all so disgusting, I can understand why no state wants to take responsibility, but please!

Kyle Durkin

WOW! I am sick of seeing the haters on these people on the show. I think they did a great job the past 3 years. I will be looking forward to seeing a new set of kids, but nothing will ever replace the originals. Yes, even Angelina. Lol. I also wish them great success on their spinoffs. And for the others, I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Pickle8182

Ashley

They should put them on the MTV Challenge.

lou

I'm no fan of Jersey Shore but it sounds like MTV employs the same hated formula that HGTV uses, where they get rid of hosts that you love and replace them with people that you don't like at all. And you end up no*****ching the show or even the station as a result.

Do people who love Jersey Shore really want to see fake Snookis?

lou

lou less than a minute ago

I'm no fan of Jersey Shore but it sounds like MTV employs the same hated formula that HGTV uses, where they get rid of hosts that you love and replace them with people that you don't like at all. And you end up not / watching the show or even the station as a result.

Do people who love Jersey Shore really want to see fake Snookis?

EastCoastChopper

Outside of the Palins, I have never suffered a worse force-feeding of abject DOLTERY in my 55 years of life on spaceship earth!

Kari

THEY CAN'T LEAVE FAST ENOUGH FOR ME!

jack-55d79

MTV seems to do that with every successful show, with a varying amount of success, as viewing figures reach the downward side of a parabola, just after the peak (Jackass being a notable successful example). I wonder if the rationale is that viewing figures are generally going to decrease anyway because the novelty factor has gone/audience has aged, so diversifying/splitting up a brand presents less of a risk, and new opportunities. MTV's demographic seems to shift every 5 years or so, because they're aiming at teenagers and people grow up. That said, most MTV spinoffs are rubbish.

truthiness

What a motley crew.

Those disgusting, low-life pieces of garbage are the poster children for eugenics.

nicole

good riddance! MTV suks anyway. Maybe BRAVO should try this with their crazy group of biotchs.

Areader

It's a win win for both!