MTV to 'Jersey Shore' Cast:

Arrivederci For Good!

6/24/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Jersey Shore" confirm with TMZ ... MTV will say goodbye for good to the current cast when they wrap Season 5.

0624-jersey-shore-cast-bn
Although some big wigs on the show denied it last week, we're told MTV wants a fresh cast of characters after they wrap Season 5 -- which begins shooting in New Jersey Monday.

Here's the thing.  MTV gets the best of both worlds.  They can keep the "Jersey Shore" machine going by growing a new crop of much cheaper stars.  And, as for the break-outs in the original cast -- including The Situation, Snooki, JWOWW and Pauly D ... the network has already signed them to spinoffs.

TheRealAndith

The only person from the Jersey Shore cast which seemed actually somewhat all right, was Pauly D. He's always seemed pretty chill whenever 'not' on the shows, interviews and such he's seemed to have somewhat of a head on his shoulders. With that said, I could see a spinoff for him actually working. For the rest, I doubt we'll hear from them after a while. Snooki will be headed back to Wrestling for some cash, you watch. =o

Kathy

I remember the days when MTV was music video tv. They should go back to that.

Scientific

Only dumb americans watch MTV...

Tinalouise

Thank goodness!! These are a bunch of used up, herpes infested, std's, good for nothing, stupid narcissists...The show has also gotten boring with this crew so good riddance!!!

Puckett

As if i give a crap. I still haven'*****ched a single episode of this drivel.

Hoopee

I'm sure E! would take them. They'd fit right in among the Kardashians, Holly's World, Bridalplasy, and Chelsea Handler.

Ryan

GOOD GLAD THESE DOUCHE BAGS ARE GONE!!

KenzieQ

They should have done this after season 1. New people every summer, that is what the REAL Jersey Shore is about.

gray

Man its so funny how much people hate success ... They did there thing and got paid ... if the ratings are there why shouldnt they be on tv ... What should we be watching ? All the idiots are the ones posting hate comments

Tim

Why won't this show just end !!

Undercover

Suck it easy

Trisha

I am glad that young adults were able to make some money with just pure dumb luck! This show is so scripted anyhow! Good luck with your futureJersey Shore cast and SAVE your money! Good things only last so long! I enjoyed the show even if it was stupid.

Rocko

I'm really sick and tired of people acting ALL Americans watch this crap show. I know plenty of people who don'*****ch this show, including myself. I've never seen an episode and don't plan to. I knew there was a reason why I stopped watching (M)TV years ago.

Dawn