MTV to 'Jersey Shore' Cast:

Arrivederci For Good!

6/24/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Jersey Shore" confirm with TMZ ... MTV will say goodbye for good to the current cast when they wrap Season 5.

0624-jersey-shore-cast-bn
Although some big wigs on the show denied it last week, we're told MTV wants a fresh cast of characters after they wrap Season 5 -- which begins shooting in New Jersey Monday.

Here's the thing.  MTV gets the best of both worlds.  They can keep the "Jersey Shore" machine going by growing a new crop of much cheaper stars.  And, as for the break-outs in the original cast -- including The Situation, Snooki, JWOWW and Pauly D ... the network has already signed them to spinoffs.

Steve

You mean the Sam & Ronnie show. MTV ruined it.

Kaveman

It's funny to see the few losers who actually watch this show come here and talk about it as if was not the most worthless trash on tv.

Mary

I saw this yesterday at realityaired.com

MrRedwine

**** them and the cheaper cast that's moving in. If I want to watch some idiots on TV, I'll put on Beavis & Butthead.

fran

get rid of them for good and the rest of the reality shows,I am sure no one above the age of 20 watches any of them anyway.

Cristian

It's about time they end the jersey shore because it was interesting the first season but then everything is the same. It's just about fighting between roommates, drinking, and getting whore to sleep with the guys and girls. Well finally just fire them all.

buck

thats a nobrainer bennnies down the shore are a dime a dozen

kelly

I will never understand why these kind of programs are on TV. Just a bunch of trash talk and acting.

HangoverPictures.com

Well thank God the Jersey Shore cast has all that talent to fall back on.

sst0026@yahoo.com

Since 2008, so-called Big wigs at MTV scrapped the "Music" format & put in crap shows like Jersey Shore". I had watch MTV off & on since 1981...now I watch vh1 Classic channel for music. I chanting DUMP MTV! DUMP MTV!...everybody continue chant this line.....

Melanie

Like it or not the Jersey Shore is hot because of the cast. If they wanted a revolving door like the Real World they should have done starting with season 2. Jersey Shore will be ending with season 6. MTV's not new to the reality tv game, they should know better by now.

babyz65

I used to think like the majoriaty here, butttttt, then I started watching the show, and Im embarrasenly hooked. Sooo Sad.

Alan Carver

MTV is stupid to think that anyone would turn into another show of MISFITS and IDIOTS with a NEW CAST for Jersey Shore! How dumb does MTV think today's youth really are? Well obviously pretty DUMB since they turned into this mess week after week! Being booze bags and IDIOTS really paid off for these DIP-WHITS! SAD!

Taylor Dadson

What a bunch of Skanks and Douches.. Who watches that crap that those skanks and D' bags get a spin off?

Jake

TRASH...Never seen an episode..have no*****ched mtv for at least a decade. I would not hire any of these narcissistic morons or anyone on mtv to cut my lawn. But, as they say: "Noone ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people." GARBAGE. I have no doubt the "new cast" will draw as many if not more stoner mouth-breathers, living in their parents' basements, who followed these retarded oil spills. They will all claim to have never watched these cess pool rejects and then fire another one up. There are reasons why abortion is legal. Thin the herd. Just PATHETIC. Good riddance...see them all at the McDonalds drive-thru in eighteen months. Did I mention that such vermin are a total embarassment to the the small portion of the populace in America of the human race which is actually human?