Johnny Knoxville on Ryan Dunn:

I'm Emotional, Upset

6/27/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville says he's been running through a gauntlet of emotions since his friend and "Jackass" co-star Ryan Dunn died last week ... ranging from mind-numbing sadness to anger directed at Ryan.

Johnny Knoxville

Knoxville went to his blog this weekend ... and explained why he froze up while speaking at Ryan Dunn's memorial service last week ... saying he tried his best, but "What came out were the mumblings of a man trying his best not to cry."

Knoxville writes, "Here is what I wished I could have told everyone then."

During the painfully honest blog, Johnny explains how much he loved Dunn -- he loved Dunn's "hair trigger laugh reflex ... Dunn was a great listener ... a great friend ... "as loyal as they come."

But midway through the tribute, Knoxville expresses his discontent with Dunn ... saying, "I'm becoming upset now because this isn't right, goddamnit. Ryan, I had to go wake up Madison and tell her you were gone. Do you know how hard that was?!! She loved you so much and I know you loved her, so why, buddy? Rocko will never get to know you like she did, nor will my daughter that is coming in October. I cry a lot about that."

Knoxville -- who refers to Dunn as his "brother" -- closed the post by saying, "I don't know what else to say right now, so I will close with I love you, Ryan. I have a lot of emotions swirling, but I want you to know I love you so very much."

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

xan

you didnt have to wake her up, jackass. yeah, its all about you and your kids. on that subject, please please stop having them.

some guy

@brown dynamite

Oops sry! I just realized you were quoting someone else! Let me retract that:

James sounds like john smith.

Dude

Be thankful he didn't take out a bus load of school kids.

Ya Drink, Ya Drive, Ya Die.. Simple stuff.

shadow2

the way you die doesn't make you who you were. it's unfortunate that people tend dwell on the way they died rather than their life and who they are. They are more than that moment...more than 11 drinks and a car crash. people make mistakes all the time but many times the consequences are not obvious. how many times have we been in a car tipsy or drunk? it happens but we live to forget about it. no one thinks they are going to die.

REL

Amazing! 1/2 of the comments must be from the people who actually watch those movies. Best I can say is "jackass is as jackass does" Is the world better off without him? Well, we'll never know because he's dead and we'll never know if he had any value to mankind.

neva

ok first rip ryan dunn u were hilarious and wil be greatly missed if another jackass movie is mad. yes i made a mistake many times before but still a great loss.

second i dont feel bad for his passenger he was in some of the pictures at the bar and he was drinking too as an adult u have to make the right decision to not get in the car.

third people remember what your parents told u IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

jdub

@Bubbles The Chimp less than a minute ago Dunn was an idiot who had crashed before and lived and thought he and no laws to follow as every Jackass fool thinks.

Piss on Dunn's charred corpse. Good Riddance.
___________________________________________________________________

You are an *******. I hope someone you love dies a horrible fiery death and you feel the pain his loved ones have gone through. Shame on you. How dare you talk about someone who is deceased. F*** you.

ItsMe

Ryan Dunn wasn't in the Hangover movies.
It was Zach Galifianakis.

Michelle

Yes Ryan was stupid for drinking and yes the friend was stupid for drinking and getting in the car and whoever was driving they were even stupidier for doing so. But lets not forget that yes these two pretty much killed themselves but there are family members and friends who are devastated with their passing. Bam, Johnny, Steve O and the rest of the Jackass crew were very good friends to Ryan. He also his girlfriend and the rest of his family that cared for him. Then the other young man who died had friends and family that cared for him. So as much as we want to slam Ryan and this other guy for their careless actions mind you that for every nasty comment that is made it makes that family and friends lives a little harder. So why don't we just think before we speak and remember there are friends and family members who are grieving here and quit being so rude and disrespectful at this time.

jason

piratesrule8, How is driving drunk a mistake? please explain.

Bubbles The Chimp

jdub: My job is done. Thank You. Next Post!!!! :P

some guy

I too can sometimes get my Ryan Dunns and Zach Galifianakises mixed up.

They're kinda close together on the same bar shelf.

BouncersSuck

Out come all the brilliant comedic minds...

"Duuuurrrr.....im'a gonna make the most detached and insensitive comment I can because durrrr.....it will be so lulz to make people angry..."

All you pathetic know-it-alls and sh*t slingers need to just crawl back in your mud holes. Be your own version of perfect in there. In your mudhole. Your dank, putrid, angry little mudhole.

All the best to those who are hurting as a result of the tragic passing of their friend(s) and/or loved one(s).

Big Poppa Razzi

Ian

"ryan made a bad decision, so does everyone in tha ****in world, but he gets criticized because hes famouse and people hear about his decisions" -- Yes, everyone gets 23 driving citations in 13 years for reckless driving, DUI, and excessive speeding, then kills themselves with a BAC 2 and a half times the limit while driving 140 in a 55 zone. Everyone.

"seriously if yu have something negative to say think of what yu would feel like if yur close friend or child died." -- Actually, I was mostly thinking how I'd feel if this jackass had killed my child or a friend/relative of mine while being loaded and racing his car around.

some guy

Fortune Cookie say: "He who wait longest usually have most to say."... in bed!