« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beating Victim: 'I Rather Eat Feces Than Dodger Dog'

6/28/2011 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who had a verbal altercation with San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium shortly before Stow was brutally attacked claims Stow was inciting Dodger fans by screaming, "I rather eat my own feces than eat a Dodger dog."

0625_bryan_stow_banda_EX

TMZ has obtained a text message sent yesterday by Juan Banda, the man who had the pre-attack run-in with Stow in the stands. TMZ posted video of the altercation Monday morning.

A friend of Banda's texted him that he saw Banda on TMZ.  Banda texted back "They are not saying they are looking for me....right?  Reason I was arguing w him was because he [Stow] crossed the line ... he yelled out, 'I rather eat my own ficies (sic) than eat a dodger dog.'"

Banda continued, "I asked Merced [a friend Banda was with at the game] to watch my back and told him [Stow] it was one thing to root for your team but you are crosing (sic) the line ... he didn't say much ... neither him or his buddies who were with him ... they were just trying to excuse his words."

Banda continued texting:  "Nothing happen and I went back to my seat. ... What I can't understand is where were his buddies when that [the attack] happened ... he was not alone during the game ... he was with 3 or 4 friends ... he did have a mouth though!"

And Banda texted, "Maybe he said the wrong thing to the wrong guys!"

062711_fight_small_v2_launchWhat's interesting about the texts is it paints a picture of Stow trying to incite Dodger fans.

We tried contacting Stow's lawyer, but so far our calls have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

niles

This Banda knows more than he's saying.

anony

NO matter what the guy said, it's no excuse for beating him into a coma.
If someone gets really mouthy and gets into a fight, a beatdown might be in order, but one where the guy still gets to go home.

HangoverPictures.com

"paints a picture of Stow trying to incite Dodger fans" looks like he succeeded. But being a loud mouth jerk doesn't justify getting beaten into a coma.

Dave

The only way we'll every get the other side of the story and find out who did it is if he ever wakes up. It doesn't excuse the person who beat him, but it does make him sound like a jerk who was looking for trouble.

Susan

doesn't matter how much he tried to instigate a fight or whatever. Nobody has the right to hit or beat someone to near death. They need to control their impulses whoever did this.

dustin

Deserved a beating - clearly.
Not into a coma, but a beating for sure.

AndUKnowThisMan

Doger Dogs midas well contain Feces because they contain everything else!! Bam!!

Socal

Eating his own fecal matter is crossing the line? Who's line???

Scrum

The sad thing about this is that the victim is probably a pretty cool guy when he doesn't have 6 to 8 beers flowing through his system.

LOOK-MOM-IM-DEAD

yo yo yo I seen dis guy on seinfeld,,,,,,tony banda

confucius says
better to be on the giving end of a beatdown than the recieving end
you can take that to the bank

wasted days and wasted nights

Be nice to the fans of the other team. They're just fans, too. Ain't nobody get paid to cheer, either way.

Rico

What has happened to our pansy society when people feel that you can say what you want to someone without their being consequences? Responding physically to someone insulting you is as American as apple pie.

wawawa

so the messege we want out there, at a game or life, is that you deserve to be beaten to death if you use your freedom of speech to say what you want? I don't care what the guy said, if the morons were mature enough they would understand that it doesn't matter. A baseball team shouldn't be the most important thing in an adult's life anyway. What is said about the team is just words it doesn't make or break anything. If you can't control your feeling about a freakin' game then maybe you should stay home and watch on tv. because you are not fit to mingle with the public. Grow up already, its
bad enough these men get paid to play a kids game. To the morons defending this I hope you get your ass beat someday, sounds like you deserve it more than he did.

lalalalalala

I think the whole situation is shady. Inciting Dodgers fans, his friends trying to make excuses. Beat down by someone who may or may not have actually been there. I think his friends beat him down for being an ******* during the game and the LAPD is fabricating the rest of it to try and arrest that other guy.

some guy

Ya know... I like to start riots when I'm bored.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments