Rick Ross Accused in Gruesome Doggy Death

6/29/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The blood of an adorable 3-year-old Yorkie named Banks is on Rick Ross' hands ... according to a lawsuit filed against the rapper.

0628_yorkie_ex_tmz
Banks' owner is suing Ross -- claiming 3 pit bulls escaped from Rick's mansion in Atlanta back in April ... entered her property and ferociously attacked her tiny pet Yorkshire Terrier.

According to documents obtained by TMZ, the yorkie suffered "3 large bite wounds on his back " along with a "very large bite wound" around his neck.

0628_rick_ross_doc_2

Cops were called to the scene -- and officials managed to free Banks ... but his wounds were so extreme, that the owner had no choice but to euthanize her beloved companion.

Investigators eventually cited Ross for the incident -- but the owner wasn't satisfied so she filed suit, demanding Ross fork over $15,000 in damages and court costs.

We're told the owner is especially upset because Ross has NOT apologized for the incident.

Calls and emails to Rick's camp have not been returned.

Team eM Zed

@chris back, no i said back, back to the trailer...

I will name you 'ghetto troll'. AKA a GT also said as GIT!

Keirie420

I hope the pitbulls eat him, then get destroyed

ChrisB

Team eM Zed 24 minutes ago

you have to be "trailer" to want to type "ghetto" every time you see a story about a black person.

"that's what ghetto people do"
"it's cause he is ghetto"
"he's from the ghetto what do you expect"

smarten up, and stop being so prejudiced and discriminatory!

------------------------------------

I agree 100%!

Ziggy

It's not the owner, or lack of training. It's in the nature of Pit bulls to do that. I have seen it 1st hand.

We had a neighborhood dog that was very well behaved, loved kids, you would never expect him to do that for a minute. He got out one day. Ran about half a block, and then grabbed another dog by the neck and had to be beaten / kicked before it would let go of the other dog. It was horrific. These dogs should not be bread / owned by anyone.

jealous of kate

Pit bulls can be GREAT DOGS. They are high maintainance dogs, as are a few other breeds.... Meaning, THE OWNER needs to spend time or have SOMEONE spend alot of time with these dogs. They are not the type of dog you open the back door and they go out and lay down. They need alot of exercise and attention. On the otherhand, TMZ, YOUR HEADLINE IS MISLEADING! It sounded like ROSS PERSONALLY KILLED THE DOG! Yes, he owes and owes big time. As for his dogs, I don't know, I don't know how he cares for them, what happened, etc.

Me

All you idiots who own these devil dogs, should be shot. They are a stupid & violent breed, always have been, always will be. I hate Pit bulls with a passion. The entire breed should be euthanized to extinction. This dimwit owns three, notice how they all did the same predictable thing as soon as they saw another dog? The only people who own these mutts are losers, who care about nothing except scaring people with an unstable, stupid, murderous animal. Take note, if you let your beast run free around my yard or kids, I will shoot it dead on site!!!

Puckett

Just another POS rapper.

grannyj

Who the hell are these people????? Everyone should READ ( I realize that is a FOREIGN concept) Greg Isles book "The Devil's Punchbowl"...I know it is fiction, but actually displays the violence of the particular "sport". What a sick society.....

Cleveland Gal

Why are irresponsible people allowed to have pit bulls? I think that people should be checked out and made to have some kind of training if they want to have pitbulls.If they don't have a way to properly enclosed these dogs then they can't have one. Poor little Yorkie :( can you imaging how horrified that little dog must have been? R.I.P. I hope real charges are pressed against this guy just for being stupid.

Jim

He must be gearing up for next years BET awards.

All he needs to do now is beat up one of his gfs and he's made.

meli

how do we know the little dog didnt provoke those pitbulls?

Luis

hahahaha, $15k is nothing to Rick Ross.

Jan

What an ass he is.

sunnie

great more bad press for pitbulls! some people should not be allowed to own this breed! It makes it hard for people like me who one 2 pits and is a responsible owner!

Taryn

RIP Banks!
I adore dogs I have 3 of my own, and if I lost them I would be doing the same but in the eyes of the law, dogs are property, the owner can only sue for the vet bills and only up to how much the owner purchased Banks for.
Hopefully this changes soon because dogs are so much more than property they are living things not a inanimate object.
So sorry Banks I know you didn't deserve that.