Nic Cage Sued

in Bloodsucker Lawsuit

6/30/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A big Hollywood movie producer has apparently been grousing that Nic Cage stiffed him on a vampire film years ago, and now he's filed a lawsuit to settle the score.

0630_nic_cage_ex
Early Bird Productions, the movie company that produced "Shadow of the Vampire" back in 2000 claims in a new lawsuit that Paul Brooks -- whose producer credits include "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" -- was owed at least $77,176 for his services and Nic was obligated to pay.

The suit alleges Nic never anted up the dough, so 11 years after the movie was made, Early Bird is asking a judge to make things right.

Has Early Bird ever heard the expression, "Get in line?"

No comment so far from Nic's camp.

Celebrity Stiffing Problems

maureen

Firsties!

Tammy

I'd think the statue of limitation on a brach of contract claim doesn't last 11 years.

PFG

When your down, the birds of prey come to pick at you! Wow! 11 years ago, isn't that beyond the statue of limitations, but someone wants him to look poorly....TMZ are you wanting this too? C'mon it has this factoring all about it doesn't it?

CriticAl

Why is he trying to look like Vincent Price?

PFG

Funny! Ole Vincent Price, yes, I can see the likeness of that.

BTW, it was statute vs statue, I'm too funny. Ye ole statue was just a smacking us with what our right of ways are...LOL

E

Would everyone attempting to sue Nicholas Cage please form a line to the left around the courthouse.

BouncersSuck

William Fichtner is incredible in Drive Angry.

Big Poppa

stargazer

I call BS. If you were genuinely owed that much money, why would you wait 11 years to try and collect? The statute of Lamentations has to have run out by now, plus Nic wouldn't have been personally responsible for it, anyway. Sounds like the guy is just in need of money and trying to get his name in the media.

Muppet

PFG 6 hours ago
Funny! Ole Vincent Price, yes, I can see the likeness of that.

_________

This is funny!!!

lou

Nick Cage is so creepy. I have heard some thing about him that make him the creepiest person in Hollywood, and one of the creepiest persons around, period.

Nicola Clair Gorvett

Nicolas is a greatly skilled eye pleaser to many & his work choices have rocked some ways of my being. Can we please focus on the positives people? EngRosea

Regina

Nicolas Cage is one of the best actors in this world ever!! I don't understand why everybody talks bad about him! He is just wonderful....

BouncersSuck

Cage is a very hard working A list actor.

He is to be admired IMO.

But Will Fichtner was amazing in Drive Angry.

Big Poppa

BouncersSuck

All I kept thinking in every Accountant scene was "Billy 'The Kid' Fichtner, stealing the show!!!"

After Armageddon I knew this guy was a Hollywood rock.

Big Poppa

Victoria

I love him as an actor, I think he is great.