Aaron Carter:

I NEVER Said

MJ Gave Me Coke!!!

7/1/2011 11:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Aaron Carter's rep claims the singer NEVER told an entertainment reporter Michael Jackson gave him cocaine and alcohol when he was 15 years old ... and says the reporter COMPLETELY FABRICATED the story.

0701_aaron_mj_EX
The controversy stems from an article that ran in OK! Magazine in Australia, written by international journalist Daphne Barak. In the article, Carter was quoted as saying, "Yes, [MJ] gave me wine. I mean, I could have refused, but I was 15. As for drugs? He gave me cocaine."

But Carter's rep tells TMZ, "Nothing was said that was reported" ... and directed us toward a YouTube video of the interview with Barak ... which seems to back up Aaron's side of the story.

UPDATE: A rep for Barak tells TMZ, "Aaron Carter told Daphne Barak in his lengthy interview in Spain, that Michael Jackson gave him alcohol and cocaine while he was 15. He also said that Michael invited him to sleep in his room, and when Aaron woke up at 5:00 AM, he found Michael on his bed."

MJAlways

Could you guys please revise your crappy calling system? It sucks! I called in earlier to ask a Michael Jackson question, but your operator told me I couldn't because you all had already moved on to another topic on the show. Can we, the viewers/callers be free to ask what WE WANT TO & not have to form questions based on the boring old topics you guys choose to talk about?

I miss the old TMZ Live...nowadays, it just seems like a happy hour news show instead of a WEB show where you're supposed to connect with your audience (like you did before).

Caju

And just like that this nobody got people talking about him again.

Jason

Can someone please do something for this kids face!?!?!?!? Dr Rey, you hearing me??? I am so tired of looking at pimples on this little weasel...

fstblk

Well, Somebody did and you knew enough to put it in a pipe.

Ehécatl

Yeech. These two pictures are the scariest things I've seen in a long time. Aaron Carter looks like the survivor of a nuclear attack while Michael Jackson looks like a zombie.

guest

What an old and predictable method to save a dead career. I am surprised there were people who bought that publicity stunt. And I am positively surprised that TMZ didn't copy-paste.

mjfanalways

oh here we go again! and OH WELL and it's retarded trashy friends will be posting soon. MICHAEL I LOVE YOU MORE. HUGSSSS

Brigha from UK

Interview available at -

Does anyone have a transcript of the interview as some parts of the video are inaudible?

YepThatsRight

@Italia

Proactive is one wrod smartazz.

Dimple

I have new respect for TMZ! They actually got the facts before repeating OK magazine's lies! Unlike many ''reputable'' news outlets like CBS!

Simone

My gosh!!! Another one?

What young white teenager from the 80's & 90's did Michael Jackson not go after?

More proof on who MJJ really was.

Hep

I guess you should never trust anyone named Barak.

Master Po

And the estate silences another voice.

en Todo Momento!!

hey, but wait! dint justin timberlake bring out some story, that michael jackson rubbed him the 'write' way? what ever happened to that??

moni

Hi Brigha,

good to see you here again!

Not a transcript, but another youtube clip with (English) subtitles for better understanding:

a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RSo_Du086s">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RSo_Du086s