Maria Shriver

Files for Divorce

7/1/2011 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Maria Shriver has pulled the trigger on her marriage ... she just filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger ... and we've learned, there is NO PRENUP.

Maria Shriver Divorce
In the divorce petition, obtained by TMZ, Shriver cites "irreconcilable differences" as her reason for ending the 25-year marriage.

Shriver is asking for spousal support and wants the judge to deny Arnold the right to ask for support for himself-- though it's highly unlikely he would.

Shriver is asking for joint custody of their minor children, who she names in the document as 17-year-old "Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger" and 13-year-old "Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger."

And, in the petition, filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Shriver is asking Arnold to pay the attorneys' fees of both parties.

As for the date Arnold and Maria separated ... it isn't specified in the divorce papers.

According to the docs, the property accumulated during the marriage will be divided at a later date.  And, sources tell TMZ, there is no prenup, so all of Arnold and Maria's earnings over the past quarter century will be divided 50/50.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ...  Arnold and Maria are on speaking terms and Arnold knew beforehand that she was filing divorce papers. Maria is telling friends she hopes this will be an easy and amicable divorce.

0701_arnold_maria_split_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

Arnold lost his family, money and reputation for a roll in the hay. Why not just take a cold shower. I thought he was smart, but I guess he is dumb after all. Was it worth it? NO! He's been ERASED ! ! ! !

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Good luck for the people who work it out with a cheater. I for one think I am worth more than that and deserve only the best.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Googie Googie

Asta la vista Arnold. Get him where it hurts, his money.

Barbarascy Barbarascy

I'm actually sad to see them divorcing. But some things just can't be fixed. I'd say this is one of them.

jpierce26 jpierce26

can't help but being blunt....good for her he is a D-bag. The worst kind.

MIKE MIKE

GOOD! I Hope she takes the pig to the cleaners!

Paul Paul

Who's the "Terminator" now?

Superman Superman

Kinda sad. He pretty much came out of nowhere and practically begged her to marry him. Then after they marry, he cheats on her for decades with many women. Greedy sc*mbag forgot to count his blessings. Same story, different rich guy.

Steve

Anybody who thinks Schwarzenegger is intelligent surely needs a reality check. Schwarzenegger is hands down the absolute WORST governor California ever had. The man is a complete cretin! On top of that he sucks as an actor; "B" quality films were all that moron was capable of. As for Maria Shriver: I don't get the impression she's the sharpest knife in the drawer either. You mean after all this time she never suspected her narcissist hubby of sampling other ladies' cherries? I guess Maria's "tremendous faith in god" clouded her ability to use her gray matter in a prudent manner.

byron

Actors ego ruined the marriage..one could have hoped that transforming into public life would have changed the tinsletown curse..but it seems that he is simply trailer trash..puke ****

aj

so sad

OBigRondog

I think they could have taken a better photo of her to post. I would get frightened out of my mind if I woke up to that! Not saying the one he decided to slip it to in the clothes closet was any better. What can you say, it wasn't enough he screwed the state of California, but this to boot. And he wanted to be president of the United States, give me a break. I wonder if this is going to hurt his chances?

mvaldez

Whats the beef, this beef is what it is all about. She got some weiner, pardon the pun, and he got what he wanted. Just remember that all you celibites that are talking about this could only wish that you could do it at any price.

Brian Giss

Maria, has plans to date younger guys, because i don't see any reason she can't give Arnold a second chance. She is a greedy fool that wants to get control of huge funds personally to live like Lady Gaga.

She will ever regret this decision because money is not all that life wants. what of the years togetherness?

Delfina

Maria & Arnold should look into a session with Dr. Daniel G. Amen, Psychiatrist & brain spect expert. Arnold's behavior resembles classic ADD traits. Undiagnosed Add ruins relationships, careers & social lives time after time. They may not stay married but because of the children they share, their lives will continue to cross. It can't hurt to try, it may help the entire family heal by understanding the depth of this abnormal behavior. There needs to be more awareness regarding this disorder, people just don't throw away their marriages & careers....think about it.

S.Dean

There comes a time when wheather male or female,adults have to decide to do the right thing.

RockHardRich

I don't think "he'll be back" this time.

pat

I hope Maria can have this marriage annulled. Perhaps Arnold is a morally defective person.

pat

Maria, you are a saint.

Barbara

It's sad and unfortunate that things did not turn out better for the family.

David

SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.
------------------
I thought idiots didnt post. Shows what we know.

Mark

What has Arnold done wrong ?? He just being like Uncle Ted..

George

Look where it got Tigar Woods, no different for Arnold, boys because you can't call them men, need to think about what, they do before they do it....look at Weiner in Washington another loser.
Women hit it where it hurts their pocket and take the money you can get.
What a disgrace, and they should be ashamed.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments