Drake

Cancels Concert After Uncle Dies

7/15/2011 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Drake has officially canceled his concert in Florida tomorrow night ... so he can mourn the death of his uncle ... TMZ has learned.

0715_drake_EXD_01

Drake's rep released a statement saying, "We regret to announce that Drake will not be able to take the stage at Universal Orlando Resort due to a death in the family."

"He hopes that his fans understand the situation he finds himself in and know that he fully intends to return to the area in the future. He thanks Universal Orlando Resort and his fans for their continued support.”

We're told Drake is already back with his family.

Chris

Why do I ever bother reading other people's comments? Anyone that wouldn't understand this type of situation is just an asinine fool. Everyone has the right to grieve in whatever way they choose. Some of you people really make me ashamed to be a human being.

dadudedd

Its ok, Chris.
We are ashamed of you as a human being as well.
Feel better?

himminy

Chris

Because ndingo, while I typically am that type of person who believes that pretty much nothing is off limits when it comes to comedy, this crap I've been reading is just ridiculous. You don't go calling someone a ***** cuz they needed to take a day off from work because a family member died. I don't know maybe some of the comments left on here would be ok if they were actually funny.

And dadudedd that makes me feel much better. To know that yet another lowlife thinks that someone having some humanity is ludicrous. I'm sure you're just a stand up guy with a ton of friends!

Duh

@himminy 13 minutes ago liar. drake instead is at disney headquarters while in florida so that he can do more children's show appearances so he can continue to work on his street cred. dude is so gangster from his disney days as a kid. i don't blame him for faking his uncle's death so that he can focus on his street cred at disney.

Hello, he does not come from Disney stock...he is a canadian actor from a CTV (Canadian Television) series...get a clue...

Gleek#1

YOU PEOPLE ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHO DRAKE IS, YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING TO SAY. THEY KNOW WHO HE IS.....EVERYONE IS ALWAYS A HATER AT SOME POINT. AND I BET IF YOUR UNCLE DIED YOUR ASS WOULD MAKE SURE YOU GOT TIME OFF FROM WORK, IF ANY OF YOU LAZY ASS PEOPLE HAVE JOBS.

neicey

Chris,

love your comment. Love is totally lacking among us.

aypassmethemonay

i love drake, and im sure that people understand that he wanted to actually be there for his family. this just makes me respect him even more

tim

Yea I agree with gleek, if u have stepped out of your house or turned on a redio in the last 3 years than you know who Drake is. NOW YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN HIS FACE BUT YOU HAD TO HEAR THE NAME. I had tickets for tomorrow, and this is why I came across the story to find out why the concert was cancelled, which if you aren't piece of **** S***, you would totally understand he wont go on. ......think about this...... u claim to not know who he is but you stumble across the story. SO NOW WHY WOULD U WASTE TIME TO TALK ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW???? OOOO now u understand why no one will believe that i dont know him ****. who ever trashed him above or claims to not know who one of BIGGEST NAMES CURRENTLY IN ALL OF MUSIC IS, then i guess your one of those people whos angry that he can do whatever he wants on any given day with whoever he wants with no regards of the cost. that sounds great to me , but yall hate that.
i dont even know what hate means,,,,, never heard that word before sorry.

LBerger

I know absolutely NOTHING about rap, but I know the name Drake and have seen him perform once or twice on the telli... seems to be a nice, clean cut young man whose music choice is that of today's youth. Shut the hell up you losers who have no respect for your fellow man. Drake? So sorry for your loss. May God watch over you and your family at this most difficult time. PLEASE ignore the ignorances of people who obviously have no life.

tim

i dont even know what hate means,,,,, never heard that word before sorry.

Tyler

a black jew now that's a contradiction.

Laura

Why is everyone on here being so disrespectful?! Put your palce in his shoes. If someone in YOUR family passed away, you would try and get home to be with your family as soon as you could!

Timmy Boy

Seriously, WHO is this guy Drake?

G

Bono's a prick for having a concert after his father died, yeah I said it, but I guess money is more important than family.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments