« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Victim Dies After Crash Involving Lamar Odom's Driver

7/18/2011 5:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A 15-year-old boy has died from injuries he sustained in a NY car crash involving a vehicle carrying NBA star Lamar Odom ... the boy's family has confirmed to TMZ.

0718_lamar_odom_getty_ex_3

Odom was in NY on Thursday to attend a funeral for his cousin -- and had hired a car service to drive him around town during his visit. But while Odom was in the car, the vehicle was involved in an accident with a motorcycle ... which was propelled into a 15-year-old pedestrian.

The boy's family tells us ... the boy sustained major head injuries in the collision.

The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital ... and emergency surgery was performed in an effort to save his life ... but the injuries proved to be too severe ... and the boy died the following day.

A funeral for the boy took place earlier today.

A source close to Lamar tells us ... the NBA star is "devastated" by the tragedy.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

qt44

lamar is a really nice guy my prayers goes out to both family this is so sad for both family :(

Nejla

R.i.p. Awsaf Islam is the boy who passed away. rip. you will be missed by many.

Kathy Sweet

My deepest sympathy to the boys family and to Lmar who I would imagine is having a very hard time with this.
bad things happen everyday and God only knows who will be involved tomorrow.
Those who critisize Lamar watch out you could be next.

Tina

So sorry to hear such a tragedy, my heart goes to the boy's family for the loss, and for you Lamar. may you all have the heart to bear the loss.

Kate

That which does not kill us will only make us stronger,and your strength comes from God,To the family of the young man,my heart goes out to you and I pray healing will come,Lamar and family,for one who has walked on the side of "Why" It is for us to ask "Why" and for God to guide and asnswer what his plan for us is.Put your life in His hands and listen and watch closely,I promise you He will give you all you need.My heart goes out to you and Chloe,be strong for each other and compassionate in your times of doubt.God Bless You

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7