« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

Incredibly sad. TMZ, what a lack of class.

trevor

what a horrible thing to post. classless move.

knickfan212

Real sad when a person can take no more! I'd put chips it was a woman.... Every person needs that one person or friend that they can tell anything and have a listening ear to let go of all your feelings. IMO!

Patrick

A Casey Anthony Suicide phone call I would find interesting, but not this, very sad!

Leslie

I really think out of respect to his family this should be removed. It's the right thing to do...

Patrick

BarbieGirl

Shame on you TMZ. Just because it's public record doesn't mean you have to prostitute it to the public. Try sticking with the more frivolous topics we love you for.

s.t.

Someone this young does not know what is going on now is just a major bump in the road and it will get better...no matter how bad it seems at the time..it does get better....been there & have t-shirt...don't ever give up..what you are giving up now----you will never know how much more wondersul it gets later on...AND IT DOES.

Stacie

Yeah TMZ we really need to hear this guys last words basically. Show this guys family some respect and take this down.

overseer

This is a most humanly private & intimate moment. Posting this is one step shy of showing a beheading video. Have respect for the deceased & take this down.

p

Hi, I've been a TMZ viewer for 6 months (not missing a episode) and I gotta say posting this recording is pretty classless. Just imagine if it was your son and someone posted his suicide phone call. Step it up TMZ I know you guys are better then this.

Brianna

I cannot believe you ******** would post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t4trble

Take this down!!!! Its horrible and the lowest of TMZ so far. DO IT NOW !

Kelley

So sad, it truly hurts me to the core that somebody feels the need to take their own life. It is so upsetting to think that not one person could help him, including him self. Such a tragedy....he accomplished much more than most of us in life....RIP.

Tammy

I can't believe you posted this. You guys are heartless.