« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JimmyCrapCorn

harvey you suck. can't wait to hear the 911 call about YOU.

Sersi

So Sad ...

Rogue Warrior

Man, this is terrible!! Drinking will bring on a major bout of depression! RIP!

who cares

Harvey Murdoch Levin, Take this down you immoral SOB

mamajj

So very sad. This shouldn't be posted.

nebraska blonde

i didnt listen to the call but it is completely unnecessary to post the phone call. very low. very disrespectful.

2idiots

TMZ has shown their total LACK OF CLASS. What is the point of "publishing" the guy's last few words? Did TMZ get more "clicks" then ROL because of this? Jeez, what total AZZHOLEZ

Harvey you and your pack of fame whores have shown what little class you have. Your lack of journalistic integrity speaks volumes for what you REALLY ARE.

You have shown you have ZERO compassion for his family. Nice Job, idiot.

RY

I couldn't even make myself click to listen... it's just sad that this is even posted up...

OY

Hey TMZ, love you guys....BUT really, stick to the bullSh*t that is the Carpashions, and why Lohan lips are looking worse and worse everyday, BUT she thinks she is hot...you know stupid funny crap, NOT this.

All I keep thinking about is his poor family.....anyway, just shows us the idiot parade that is all of the above.

aston

I didn't feel it appropriate for me to listen to this call, so I didn't. Poor, poor guy. You shouldn't have posted this. Can't you ever leave anyone alone or respect anyone's privacy? It doesn't matter how much you change the site, if the content is this low.

2idiots

Harvey you really suck for posting this. Those that post here should ban together and STOP POSTING. Eventually you'll lose hit which will have a direct impact on your wallet.

afjioeqjioe

It really was not that emotional. There are billions of people in this world and we are over populated. So if a few losers dont want to live then no big deal. We could lose a few billion and we will still go on.

harrycontests

Someone needs to start a petition or something to get TMZ to stop posting this type of stuff. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, and this is one of them. It's time TMZ fans sent them a message letting them know we don't want to be exposed to this type of thing.

Alli

As a proud Idahoan, shame on you for posting a man's last dying call. We are all mourning the loss of "Speedy". I love you TMZ, but sometimes the line you cross makes me wonder!

Sickened

Tmz...you are evil and cruel for posting this. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I've been a longtime fan...but this crosses the line!