« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Wrestler

DODGES BULLET AFTER

CONTROVERSIAL ARREST

7/29/2011 2:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0729-shad-getty-ex
Former WWE wrestler Shad Gaspard -- the guy who was PINNED DOWN by 3 officers in Ohio after allegedly JAYWALKING back in March -- will not be prosecuted for resisting arrest ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... part of the arrest was captured on tape ... and Shad -- a very large African American gentleman -- can be heard screaming, "Why am I being arrested? Because I'm big and I'm black?"

Gaspard was charged for resisting arrest -- but according to documents filed in Franklin County Municipal Court this week, the charge has finally been DROPPED. However, he was hit with one lesser charge of obstructing official business and had to pay a fine.

TMZ spoke to Gaspard who tells us he no longer plans to file a lawsuit against the Columbus PD over the arrest ... explaining, "I feel that everything has run its course the proper way, and it’s best I move on from this in a positive light."

He adds, "My only regret is that this incident even happened and I hope that the good police officers in Columbus aren’t judged by the actions of a few bad ones."

0729_shad_min_launch2

More Today in TMZ History

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Whateves

asstird

when black guys j-walk they take their time and they have
this stupid peecok like stumble when they do it as if to
say i'm black i'm more important than everyone else i'm
all that. if they didn't arrest or sight all black men
for j-walking they'll probably become road kill because no
one likes arragant little bastards who cross the st.

wtf

look at the vid. he WAS jaywalking. i would have just shot him.

Matthew

Cops who bother anyone for Jay walking are those who are bored with nothing better to do..They will Especially stop you and pull you over if your an minority..They just sit there parked just waiting for someone to **** up..I been stop for jay walking when the light changed on me in the middle of the street and the light was only 4 secs long..I went to court on it, and the judge found it wasn't my fault..

Ehécatl

He calls the police "good" after an incident like this? Why are so many people sell-outs these days?

dsong

this is awesome

Watching

@David-You are an idiot and you can't spell. Why don't you jaywalk in to a school and learn something.

Red77

@WTF
I looked at the video and that’s probably why the cops dropped the charges. @piggy is right, this guy shows a lot of class taking the high road. I wish more people where like that

Lekili

Must have been a slow day for the cops in Ohio. The are treat this man like he murdered someone, all of this can't really be about jaywalking, or can it?
How can they say he resisted arrest when they had him cuffed and he's face down on the pavement?
Like I said, a slow day in Ohio..............just plain wrong.

Racist Bastid

"Because I'm big and I'm black?"

1. Can we black people please stop with the race card?
2. Jaywalking? Like CPD have nothing better to do?

All points of this event are retarded.

juicytings.com

This is just wrong. Some form of punishment should have been handed down in letting others know that they cannot go around disrespecting police officers who are there to keep us safe and do their jobs

Criss

Never even heard of him.

moso

I wish he would have sued them. Just so the cops would be named and people would know how stupid they were. The money could have gone to charity. People always say it's a race thing but I bet they wouldn't have stopped a white guy jay walking!!! Just saying!!!!
Who cares if you don't know who it is.. That's not the point!

Chris M

juicytings:
Lol What are you smoking? Cops jump a 6’8” 300lbs black man for no reason, put him in jail, and accuses him of multiple false crimes and you wan him to suffer more? Get off your high horse, the cops are lucky Shad didn’t kick there A#$, and the guy with him that day recording is strike force heavy weight fighter Josh Barnet. The cops are lucky they didn’t get killed that day.

jase

Great he will not be prosecuted for getting his a-- kicked by the cops. Great day in justice. i was sure it was still a crime to get you a-- kicked by the cops on tape in front of 100 witnesses.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments