Arnold Schwarzenegger

I Survived Maria!

The Ultimate Dis?

8/8/2011 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0808_arnold_ex_shirt_wm_2On the surface it's the unkindest cut of all ... Arnold Schwarzenegger out bike riding Sunday in Santa Monica, wearing a shirt that says, "I survived Maria" -- the woman whom he betrayed so badly.

But there's more to this story.  We found out ... Arnold got the shirt last November, during a farewell party for the Governator's staff.  The shirts were actually designed by Maria's staff, as a joke.  The shirt they presented to Arnold had 2007 crossed out and 1977 scribbled above -- that's the year Arnold and Maria started dating.

And, we're told, Arnold and Maria are not at war.  They're well along in the process of settling their divorce, and they speak frequently.

But all of this begs the question.  Given the events of the last few months, should Arnold have worn the shirt in public?

DenverTIM

It's really a very stupid thing to do on his part. A picture says a thousand words, they say. Many people will see this picture and it will be the final image/thought they are willing to accept of Arnold. It's stupid of him to wear it, for his own good, innocent or not.

Reality80

Can't stand him but at least he had a career.. What's Maria done but be a Kennedy?

Kathy L.

He is such a jerk! Please check the trailer for the music video I directed. Share it if you can. Tx

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I wonder if the Son, who briefly changed his last name to Shriver, thinks it's funny. Even if he loves his Dad, it would be hard to not think your Dad is also a douche!

Lucas Brown

whats up with his mangled looking knee?

Ifeoluwa(Nigeria)

i wont blame arnold..I bet he get to table the matter...whats wrong with Maria if Arnold wanna take the responsibility of a kid he had out of wedlock...shes selfish

nyer566

Arnold is a disgrace! I hope he is blacklisted in Hollywierd! I would never see another movie he made!

Greg

Totally "disrespectful" and I appreciate every minute of it.

Lala

ONE WORD ************** ******* -***********

seppo

Arnold is numero uno! ... He's just great nothing else!

Pov

the freakin' shirt was designed by 'Maria's staffs'.. at least he's wearing something that was from her that was NOT made AFTER the divorce...

itsallgoodnRoanoke

It's OVER! You need a face lift and a butt lift. OOOOO, You can tell you are full of worms! YUK!

Damon

The shirt is BS, but that spandex has to go - this isn't Europe!

Ruth

Unbelievable...I used to like Arnold...not anymore...how disrespectful to not only Maria but to his children...imagine how they feel when they see these pictures!! Shame on you Gov.

Shannon