Chris Brown

Fan Returns $22,000 Rolex At MTV Awards

8/31/2011 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

083011_chris_brown_watch_v3_still

Chris Brown thought his $22,000 diamond encrusted Rolex was LOST FOREVER when he accidentally tossed it into the crowd at the MTV VMAs ... but lucky for him, he thought wrong.

TMZ has learned ... Brown's watch -- a gold Rolex with a white oyster face and diamond-encrusted bezel -- came loose at the beginning of his performance ... so he took it off and tried to toss it to a safe place ... all while dancing his face off.

But Brown missed his target and the watch ended up in the crowd.

After the performance, Brown's bodyguard went into the audience and asked if anyone had found the watch -- not really expecting anyone to come forward ... but to his surprise, the watch was in the possession of an HONEST person, who returned it to its rightful owner.

A rep for Brown tells TMZ, "Although Chris did not get to meet the fan, he is very appreciative of the fan's actions."

Still, we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

eb77541

Return it? To Chris Brown? Never.

Donate it to a battered women's shelter? _____________

mooshki

What makes them think it was a "fan?" More likely someone who didn't want to have any part of anything associated with him.

aquanet

Normally I would, but if it belonged to chris brown, I would sell it and donate the money to an abused women's shelter. Karma is a bitch.

jimbo

Screw Chris Brown. I'd sell it.

The Real JJ

Who wears a $22K Rolex during a performance where hes flying in mid air and all over the place? I would've kept it.

Murphman

**** couldnt even lower himself to say thank you in person. Friggin tool!!! I literally get sick to my stomach thinking about him and this whole genre.

alex

It wouldnt have flown off if he wasnt dancing like a prick. hahaha funnie

Jackie

What a tool....He could have called person on the stage to thank or give her or him a hug.

BB in CA

If you'd keep it, you're a thief. Stop with the BS excuses.

bj brigham

I THOUGHT CHRIS BROWN HAD CHANGED AFTER THE FIGHT WITH RHIANNA>>>HE IS AN ASS TO HIS NEIGHBORS>HE SHOULD OF MET WITH WHO EVER FOUND THE WATCH AND GIVEN THEM SOME TICKETS FOR HIS NEXT GIG OR A THOUSAND DOLLARS

Professor Chaos

It's kind of funny how people are slowly starting to forgive this douche bag just because he can dance. We get it. He's an amazing dancer. He's also a top notch woman beater that can't control his temper. Why idiots are putting this piece of sh*t on TV is beyond me.

omfg

if it was any one else I would probably return it, but to this pos, uh no

CHRIS

So 63% in the poll would steal. No wonder Americas in trouble.

dimes

What an idiot. And what terrible aim. I hope he at least coughed up a few bucks in appreciation.

Tyler

I would keep it so I could sell it and save the money.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments