'Biggest Loser' Competitor

In Critical Condition

After Falling Several Stories

9/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_sam_poueu_biggest_loser_facebook_ex
One of the contestants from "Biggest Loser" Season 9 is listed in critical condition at a San Francisco hospital, TMZ has learned -- after plummeting several stories from a building on September 3rd.

It's unclear how he fell -- but sources close to Sam Poueu tell us ... he suffered a pelvic injury, torn ligaments, a punctured lung, and a broken leg during the accident.

According to sources, Sam -- who was a fan favorite on the show last year -- is currently recovering in the ICU -- but while he's listed in critical condition, we're told he can still recognize visitors.

Dr. H from "Biggest Loser" tells us, he can't make specific comments about Sam's current condition -- but claims Sam is doing better every day.

Strokadellic

Why can't this sh*t ever happen to Mariah Carey or Tila Tequila?

thestupid

OUUUUUUCH!!!!
Oddly enough I bet the guy is losing a lot of weight in the hospital!!! He still has a chance to win! :)

Cartman

Wow, that sucks. He seems like a pretty cool dude. Hope he recovers quickly.

dimes

Sounds like he's lucky to be alive.

ExKage

I watched his season and really liked Sam on the show. I hope makes it out ok. Hearing he fell several stories made me feel as if my stomach dropped.

There's a problem here

Hmmm ... there are only three ways one mysteriously falls from a window (1) They are smashed on one or more substances (2) Someone showed them the window (3) They decided to take the plunge. Listen up folks, anyone who consents to appear on any type of reality show has a few screws loose to begin with, so this ain't that much of a shocker, ya know?

Amandanonymous

Was he a stunt guy on Fear Factor by chance...?

Ace

Bet he wishes he had that extra blubber when he hit the ground.

smilingwidley

These mean comments are unnecessary. Such a sad story. Hope he recovers quickly.

Allison

Get Well Soon Sam

KC

I love Sam and hope he recovers..We watched as he transformed into this handsome guy with confidence and fell in love in the process. Good luck to him and his family.

bunny

Like most people in the same situation, I bet he's thinking "damn, I can't workout and I'm going to get fat again."

piper

so sorry to hear about sam. he has so much to live for and is strong and i'm sure will continue to fight to recover. i wish him a full and speedy recovery.

BL9fan

some people have no empathy at all. I am a member of the support group for Sam...I just wish people would get their facts straight before they start commenting on things they know nothing about

allen

hope he gets better,he did a hell of a job loseing all that weight on the show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments