Ryan O'Neal

"Dancing with the Stars"

Was Just Too Grace-Full

9/12/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_ryan_oneal_nancy_grace_ex_2
Ryan O'Neal said he backed out of "Dancing with the Stars" because of a bad knee, but multiple sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... he REALLY backed out because he can't stand Nancy Grace.

Sources tell TMZ O'Neal feels Grace has been "disrespectful" to his family ... claiming she has gone after Redmond, who has had ongoing drug problems, and even suggested the reason Redmond is messed up is because Ryan is a bad parent.

We're told Ryan really wanted to do the show, but could not co-exist with Grace.

Raejean

Whatever Grace is, she's got the upper hand in the decent parenting sweepstakes thus far. And she's right on point regarding Ryan being a douchebag as a father and probably as a partner to Farrah, too.

Aaron Pynkala

It's not often while watching TV that I want to jump through the screen and strangle the person in question. Nancy Grace evokes that type of emotion from me. Her self righteous redneck routine is abhorrent. It's media types like her that glamorize cases like Casey Anthony's that shouldn't be anything more than a mere page 3 story. If Ryan O'Neal hates her so much he should have relished the chance to put his foot in her ass.

jennie

I still don't understand why Farrah dumped Lee Majors for this guy.

ngcfla

And who the world can stand Ryan.

Cleveland Gal

I love Nancy Grace! As for Ryan O'Neil sooner or later he is going to have to face the fact that his son DOES have a drug problem and he needs to help him.

jj

I cant stand that bitch either

Rick

Hmmm.....or maybe it's because he's a out-of-shape blob with a drug problem of his own.....not a fan of Nancy Grace but really, what has Ryan O'Neal done in the last 40 years????....well, besides drugs.....

Annmarie

Who could stand Ryan O'Neal!!!!!!

Alex

Nancy Grace is a mistery for me. Why? What she usually says is true, but I don't want this true comes from HER. She is so rude, interrupting ppl every second, listens herself only. No class at all. But what she says, is TRUE!

david

good for ryan! i liked barry lyndon, i liked paper moon, i liked what's up doc, and now i know for sure this is a good guy!

cobykoehl

Ryan oneal is a very sick man.

terry

yeah yeah !!!! he right nancy is pile of Dung. ryan had problems but drugs ae not always the parents fault unless (1) they use it or use it with the kids (2) not paying attention to the kids. nancy graces problems can't be explained she is just horrible.

jude

Ryan is a disgusting person and pervert...Nancy can be annoying but her show has done a lot of good helping find perverts, and missing children...She is a STRONG woman, and I love to watch how she puts down the creeps especially those phoney lawyers! Ryan is afraid of her cause she told the truth about him and he is such a drama queen...I think the ratings will go up on DWTS because she is on it she has a huge following....Just my opinion...

who farted

I love Ryan. I would watch because of him. Or see him berate his pro partner.

Alan Carver

Redmond, Tatum, the older O'Neal, all three of 'his' children, including himself have/has/had substance abuse problems and issues. For him to claim that he backed out of DWTS because of Nancy Grace is a cop out! Period. He is essentially blaming Nancy Grace for telling the truth, if she ever did say anything negative about his children. What gets me is that he claims this but does not thing to acknowledge HIS part he played in his children's issues including that of Redmond. I am sorry but Ryan O'Neal is trying to have it ONE way and simply it does not work that way. If Nancy said something about his children that wasn't true, well then he has a point, but if she told the truth about him as a parent and his children's actions ... I am just saying. In the end it doesn't matter he isn't going to be on this show, and honestly I do not feel that he would be able to handle the critique of the judges, clearly if he has issues with Nancy Grace for saying anything disparaging about his children let alone him as a father!