Joe Francis

Charges DROPPED in

$2.5 Mil Gambling Fight

9/14/2011 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823-joe-francis-ex-01
Chalk up another legal victory for Joe Francis -- a Nevada court has ruled the "Girls Gone Wild" honcho WILL NOT be prosecuted for allegedly plotting to screw Steve Wynn out of a $2.5 million gambling marker.

It all dates back to an incident in 2007 -- when Francis took out the marker at the Wynn Las Vegas ... and failed to pay it back.  Wynn reported the incident to officials ... and the State of Nevada later charged Francis with theft and drawing and passing a check without sufficient funds.

According to court documents obtained by TMZ, prosecutors admitted Francis HAD enough cash to cover the marker at the time -- but before Wynn tried to collect, Joe's accounts "may have been frozen by the government in connection with a federal tax prosecution."

Therefore, the court ruled prosecutors could no longer move forward with the case because they couldn't prove Joe "intended to default on the marker" ... a required element of the charged offenses.

In fact, the evidence shows Joe PROBABLY would have paid the money back ... if he could've.

TMZ spoke with Joe ... who tells us, "I think it is absolutely disgusting what Steve Wynn and his cohorts tried to do to me."

He adds, "I have now been found innocent by a Las Vegas judge and a court of law, and I am so happy to put this behind me ... but you better believe I will go after Steve Wynn personally and the Wynn casino for every dime this has cost me."

Rogue Warrior

Joicent!

AntiSocialForum.com

Joe Francis is a bum

INeedFacebookFriends.com

$2.5 million can still buy a lot of douche bags. Then Francis can talk to something a lot like him.

sfd

So has he paid the money he owes on his marker yet?

JoeFrancis

Don't hate the playa, hate the system.

don juan

this guy has 9 lives

Bobo Frog

That picture is hilarious. It's like a poster for "Douchebags: The Movie"

RockyD

Joe always wins. He always wins!

RockyD

I've watched for years as people try to drag Joe down. It never works. He's too good looking and too successful for most people. They want to "get" him and it just doesn't happen!

RockyD

Congratulations, Joe! You always win!

John_Dunkel

I guess it's what you call a Wynn Win for Joe Francis.

erikistired

wait. you owe them 2.5 million that you couldn't pay back because your assets were frozen, and you're going after THEM because they tried to get their money back? is this guy high?

Ann

He's about as sheisty as they come.

Prince L

Congratulations, Joe! Keep winning! You're an inspiration!

Prince L

It's so funny to watch people go after Joe Francis. They always fail. They're jealous. I'd trade places with Joe any day!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments