Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

DontTreadOnMe

Goes to show, you can give em a little money and success but they still act like GANGSTER THUGS....How stupid do you have to be...wow..I use to like him but after seeing this story, he lost a fan. What an idiot.

Ronni

He's just freaked becuz Ciroc tastes like skunk pee.

BNWW

This kind of behavior makes it so easy to see why so many Black men get no respect. And some try to say there's a "difference" in meaning with the spelling of the n-word. I can assure you that these fools using that philosophy was using the "a" version of it and look at all the venom and hate spewed out -- once again proving there is no difference. Unless he understands his history and gets on track to actually learning this is just a short-term apology from a man with fat pockets but a useless mind! TI also fits into the same category.

Fan

"Champagne makes me giggle.

Whiskey makes me cry.

Ciroc vodka makes me a homophobic racist.

Drink up Shriners!"

- Puff Daddy, circa 2011, while hosting an event.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Apology: rejected. Should use all that money to buy yourself at least a most basic education so you don't always appear so stupid.

Rod_Master

No one has mentioned that he throws ice at the guy, challenges him to a fight then hides behind a bodyguard.

Nice!

Boycott Ciroc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phio

Make him stand in the nearest corner IMMEDIATELY! People need to grow up. 2nd graders are less sensitive...

guy

This is NO surprise to anyone who has the displeasure of working with this arrogant guy.

I know a well-known tv EP who "politely" refused to continue working with Diddy because the experience was so bad.

This publicist's BS statement from him is hilarious!

joey

i forgive you diddy for the music you put out

guy

My partner worked with "Diddy" on a tv show a few years ago. The experience was SO BAD that he refused to sign on for the next season. Diddy was arrogant and disrespectful to all the producing staff.
This incident is the REAL Diddy in action. No one who has worked with him will be surprised!

shiela

Diddy who? He's so outdated!!! How funny he uses the "N" word but gosh forbid if someone else says it... you are a hypocrite Diddy...

Phoenix1

Diddy is a douchebag. Always has been. And the ONE reason I wouldn't drink Ciroc....is because HE endorses it. No thanks!

Gsharon 710

It's ok sweetie you were just being yourself. Always be yourself so we can identify ya.

STFUP

He's CONSTANTLY f**king up & then apologizing.
Don't you people realize? His apologies mean NOTHING! All he's sorry about is that someone else heard what he said & it became public.
He is a horrible human being, and I HATE, HATE, HATE that he has so many fans. The jackazz needs to be put in his place.

STFUP

Boycott Ciroc! Diddy endorses them - that's enough reason to NEVER drink the stuff.
Tell them too @Ciroc. They need to drop him as their spokesperson.