Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

BeHonest

If you don't buy my stuff to make me even richer, I will kick your ass! That's how I roll, the gangster way. Oppss... Did I get caught? People can hear me eh! Shoot! Let me apologize so people will still buy my stuff.

Chanda

Diddy is just jealous that little Ricky is a cutie...he should know better his kids are light-skinned too. He wasn't called "puffy" for nothin - them puffed out cheeks he got ain't never been cute.

Alan Carver

Just more blah blah blah from someone who thinks too highly of themselves and someone who does not deserve to be forgiven for his words, let alone his actions! What is unfortunate is that like every other black MALE entertainer that has done something that has embarrassed themselves in public, the public just turns the other way and then it goes away. I for one do not care for Diddy, Puff of whatever he is calling himself today (cause god knows if he talks it makes the media or if he is changing his name - like i dont know can you say PRINCE?), uh he deserves to be taken down a few, the endorsement from Ciroc Vodka needs to taken from him immediately, he needs to publicly acknowledge to the young man he humiliated and issue a very PUBLIC apology to him, and Puff/Diddy/Do Nothing, whatever he just needs to be shown that you do not call people names and you do not expect to do so and then just get away with it. These black male rappers give that genre such a bad name, they are illiterate thugs that have been given money and they use that to just promote themselves as the illiterate thugs they truly are! No apologies here either ... the truth represents itself.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Just like I wrote yesterday about this BS these blacks run around calling each others ***** this ***** that and then they cry a crocodile river of tears and anger when someone else uses the word. I thought the days of blacks and whites being able to only say and do certain things were over, but what we have is they have a language THEY use but NO ONE ELSE CAN. You can't even paint the word on a rock without flack and BS. Stop using it and everyone else will, but until then STFU and get the fU** outta of faces with that whining. We're all sick of it.

VictoriaGirl

He's not sorry, and he IS ignorant.

jimi

how could this happen? i thought only whites were racist, who knew

craig

i dont drink cirok because a rapper in his 40s is the face of the product.i dont wanna asociate myself with these punks so i will drink grey goose like an adult.when u have someone p itty as the face your selling to just young black people,i wouldnt feel right drinking it

Michael

Didn't Kramer from Seinfield have to go on a world tour and meet with Al Sharpton to apologize for the same rant. What will Diddy have to do?

Susan

he is still the same punk gansta thug he always was.....yep...murder...drugs...beatings...guns & even getting J-Ho invloved in his gnagsta thug ways - was a piece of chit always will be a piece of chit and nothing but a ghetto thug...wonder if he mixes his ciroc with kool-aid. You can take a kid outta the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto outta the thug! No talent - ugly looking and wtf do people see in him & spend money on??? Yep I will stick with my absolute - HEY REV AL......WHY ARENT YOU ON THIS ONE?????

TMZer

Diddy should really learn the keep that big ass mouth of his shut...thinkin' he's a thug...what a joke. I wouldn't except an apology from that idiot either!

Fallopia Lopez

The guy has been an utter a-hole as long as I've known of his existence - is anyone really surprised? I'm just surprised that anyone would actually think he was NOT one.

Mindy

I've never been a fan of Diddy, but his being so upfront and honest, and seeminly sincere with his apology, he just gained HUGE admiration points with me!

Celebrities Suck

You'de figure being that he has small children he'd be a mature man. But like they say you could get out of the hood but you could never take the hood out o*****angsta rapper. As you all could see he was sure acting like a gangsta on this video. What a loser! I know people that are less fortunate than this idiot and acts very respectful...

cjs

Twitter what ever you like, but APOLOGIZE to Ricky Parker personally with NO photo op, integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

cjs