Ribeye the Fish

Glub, Glub, Dead.

10/6/2011 3:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1006_ribeye_WEX
Ribeye the Fish -- once known as "The Snarkiest Fish in the Z" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell us ... one of the TMZ staffers found Ribeye floating in his tank ... unresponsive to various taps on the glass.

The fish -- only a few months old -- was given a burial at sea ... via the toilet in the men's bathroom.

Harvey Levin released a statement saying, "He was a good fish ... he will be missed."

Harvey's asst. Tyler adds, "Not much of a swimmer though." R.I.P.

1006-remembering-ribeye-footer-v4

ominous_goo

Nancy Grace's fart claims a life....poor fishy!!

Blood Red Witch

Damn! I liked Ribeye. He was the only really good thing left at TMZ. RIP Ribeye

ocgirl

I had a beta for over 4 years! What did you do to him?

Michelle

I suppose the next fish will be called Porter House?!

Tammy LM

What is it with you freakin PETA hippies? My GOD! It's a freakin BETTA!! They can live for years in a damn shotglass! You want proof? I have them all over my house in everything from juice glasses to bowls to vases to even one in an empty liquer bottle. They can live in ANYTHING. They don't require a lot of space and the reason for that is in the wild they are extremely territorial, and fight to the death if two males come near each other. Which is why they don't travel far in the wild. They stay in one little tiny space to themselves....no bigger than a cerial bowl of space. And that's in the wild. You don't need a heater if they are kept in a normal room temp. environment. They don't need a light if they are kept in a normally lit room. Even then, I have two wall bowls mounted in my freakin bathroom and they've been alive for YEARS! Mostly in the DARK. They can die from anything. I've had one die of a heart attack because it's bowl was too close to another one's and it puffed up at the sight of another male and went into cardiac arrest. Another little tidbit of knowledge for you. The biggest most beautiful bettas with full fins you find in pet shops are usually the older breeding fish that the breeders are replacing with new younger ones and by the time you get them, they're already old and only live a few more months anyway. Otherwise getting a young fish wont have as pretty fins. It's just a $2.00 fish people. Nobody shot Lassie. Damn! Go get another one.

JimBeam

SERIOUSLY??? Four pages and no "it happens in 3s" jokes??? TMZ community you have let me down!!! So, here goes, "First it was Jobs, now Ribeye . . . can someone confirm the whereabouts of Keith Richards???"

Woot

ANIMALS ARE !NOT! ENTERTAINMENT!

Mark

Any hint of fowl play? Propanol or such?

dragonheart

Rumor has it that he drowned! Rest peacefully little buddy!

Buster

TMZ = Retarded.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I just want to know if anyone did mouth to mouth on Ribeye?

tellmeaboutit

Speaking of floating on top of the bowl, that seems to be tmz's fate too. So lame and stupid. Harv must be the oldest slacker in the world. Grow up!

c

could have one of the TMZ staffers slipped ribeye some propofol?

D

Will you be sitting Shiva?

habs2000k

bye bye ribeye,
you didn't have to die.
did someone feed you a potato chip?
or didja see Nancy's nipple slip?
did your bowl of water
finally go bad?
or were you being tended to
by Dr. Conrad?