« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Hall-of-Famer on Al Davis

Not EVERYONE Loved Al Davis ...

10/11/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_eric_dickerson_still

Legendary NFL running back Eric Dickerson played for the Oakland Raiders for one year back in the '90s ... but it's clear, he had NO LOVE for Al Davis.

Dickerson was out in L.A. last night -- when he made a huge statement about his former boss, without having to say too much.

But when we asked about his other former team -- the struggling Rams -- Dickerson couldn't have been more blunt ... it's time to come back to Los Angeles!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Let's not forget that Al Davis ordered the hit on Darryl Stingley, which knocked him out of the NFL and left him in a wheelchair for life.

manbearpig

i think it is very funny that l.a. has no nfl team.

big ROC

How classless can a person be? When nobody else wanted Eric ****erson it was Al Davis who gave him a shot.

Have a little respect Eric!

Eric ****erson was a cancer to the teams he played for. That's why the Rams traded his sorry ass while he was still in his prime at the age of 27.

Kathy

I love you Eric ****erson!

LBerger

Oh come on everyone! A Davis has been 'dead' for quite some time; it's now just legally official. NOW I can call the Raiders my 2nd favorite team. The man was a pain in the arse!!!! Reality check all ... PA-leeeeeze!

Superman

You forgot about the 0-5 Colts.

Funny how MANY people like to change history when somebody rich and famous dies. I'm sure the truth about Al Davis is that he was a huge a-hole. Well, at least, he kept his private life, as far as I know, private...that's one good thing.

RadioB

Even though our team sucks right now, F. O. ******er-SON!

Who Knew

I wonder who poking who with the pitch fork down there. Davis never stood by his word and as a man that't the one thing you will always have.

Throwback kid

I don't thik Marcus Allen would have too many fond memories of Al Davis. Allen bled black and silver helped them win a Super Bowl and Davis gave him no respect and called him a cancer to the team.

WhatThe

****erson was a great running back. The reason the Rams traded him was becuase they didn't want to pay him. He was the top running back in the league at the time and wasn't getting paid like it.

Jim in Cali

****erson is right, the Rams should be in LA.

Lela

You may not love Al Davis but people need to have some respect for him. We wouldn't have the same NFL we have now if it wasn't for Al. We wouldn't have the superbowl if it wasn't for Al Davis. So if you love football you gotta have respect for Al Davis.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Called you on your sh*t eh? Don'tcha just HATE when that happens?

Gata

I agree with Eric in reference to Al Davis - I heard many people talk mess about him when he was living, so I would prefer that the hyprocrites stop acting like he was always LOVED!!!

Vernon P. Alarcon

AD wasn't held in high regard by most people.
I'm tired of aholes being pc.
tell it like it was!
I'm glad the @sskissing broPAP can "hear ya talking"!
It would be stupid to send out a pap that couldn't hear people talk! WHAT A DOUCHE!