Gene Simmons’ Son

My Parents’ Marriage

Is NOT A Sham

10/12/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_simmons_son
Gene Simmons
and Shannon Tweed are total publicity whores but their son Nick is ADAMANT their marriage is 100% legit despite criticism that they only tied the knot for reality show ratings.

22-year-old Nick claims he's definitely not surprised by the rumors telling TMZ, "Dad does tend to wear his shameless capitalism on his sleeve. But I was there when the cameras weren't. My parents went through a dark wood and came out still wanting to be together."

Gene and Shannon had been together for 28 years – before finally getting hitched October 1st with the wedding set to air on the new season of A&E's "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels".

Nick added, "All I can say about that is that my mother has the patience of a saint."

It also gave Nick the chance to wear that awesome shirt.

Charlie Sheen

Lick it up :)

tgrfan42069

we can believe him he would never lie for his parents and the show.

jimmy d

FIRST!? This family is the worst, despicable, crass family on TV. All of them are money-grubbing to the point of looking like clowns. Gene Simmons wants to trademark a $ sign clothes. Shows what his priorities are. My guess is Simmons is not his real name based on that alone.

Just shameful and despicable. If they read this I am sure they will take solace in their money. Guess what anyone can put the KISS symbol on Chinese garbage and then market it to blue-collar rubes. Gene Simmons (of the rock group KISS) is not exactly Steve Jobs.

kade madison

First, to the idiot that says, "my guess is Simmons is not his name' do your homework idiot. Simmons is his legal name that he changed very early in his life after coming here from Israel. Next, The Simmons family is probably the only sane, normal, loving family you will ever see on television. Shannon and Gene have raised two of the smartest, most down-to-earth children anyone could hope for.

jimmy d

OK, Calm down Shannon...er sorry...I mean Kade. So Simmons is his legal name after he changed it after coming from Israel? HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

kade madison

@Jimmy Besides you being a moron. Oh, wait, that's it.

Gloworm

Nick does something to me in my nether regions.

She's baaaack

Son, you seem like a nice enough young man, but to be honest, your mother is probably the only person who can stomach looking at your father for more than a few seconds at a time, so I suppose it is a match made in some kind of stomach-turning heaven. Mazel Tov!

Mick Kahler

Who cares about Gene & Shannon? More important, who is the hot blonde on the left side of the posted photo? Purrrrr.

Yamiguru

Nick and his personality carries that show. He trolls his family in a way that is very funny, but not cruel. I love it!

"No Longer A Bastard" Need I say more?

Congratulations Gene & Shannon!

Truth

These are some of the ugliest people on earth.

Lucia

people seem to be missing the point that Jimmy D. is just trying to make an anti-semetic comment--nothing more nor less.

sarah

Its all for television and thats it.

jessica

I was skeptical about the show at first but after watching it for awhile now, I can honestly say that these two who by the way have certainly had their indiscretion-particularly Gene Simmons, have two of the most smartest, honest and funny kids in show business/real world. Gene and Shannon must have done something right because their kids seem to love being around their parents, they have both gone to college, Gene's son is witty as hell and both are so protective of their parents especially Shannon. Tell me which celebrity couple whose children are smart, loving, and so well adjusted without a history of substance abuse, inappropriate behavior or chronic partying. Good job Shannon!

mary

i love the show mostly because the kids are great kids and shannon is a really loving and good mother to have raised such good kids. you dont see them (or hear of them) being wild and doing drugs, getting into trouble like the other kids in hollywood. the family is strong, it was only gene, who is so fearful of marriage, not because he didnt love shannon. shannon stood by him and the kids and you never heard of her going out making an ass of herself. leave the kids alone, they are good kids. and NO the marriage wasnt for rating, gene is just getting old and shannon, was tired of wating since the kids are grown.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments