The Hills Lawsuit

Sexual Misconduct

Rampant Drug Use Alleged

10/18/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1018_hills_EX_01
A production coordinator for "The Hills" claims she was unmercifully harassed sexually by a male staffer during the filming of the Costa Rica episode, and even "pressured" to smoke pot ... this according to a new lawsuit.

In the suit, obtained by TMZ, Eliza Sproul alleges Andres (she doesn't give a last name) -- a Costa Rican local -- was hired by MTV to do grunt work.  She says while they were driving together in 2010, she realized something was up when he took his shirt off and began making sexual advances, including comments such as, "I love your freckles.  I like your eyes.  Let's just take off."

A while later, Eliza says Andres drove her into the forest and "pressured" her to smoke marijuana.  We hate it when that happens.

Eliza has lots of other gripes, including:

-- She had to drive male cast members to a shoot and they were drunk and made crude and offensive jokes
-- She was forced to work insanely long hours
-- She had a meltdown and was abandoned in a hospital.
-- It got so bad doctors gave her Valium.

Sounds like a great trip to Costa Rica.

A rep for MTV declined to comment.

boobymanz

What's that smell? Is it bulls**t? I think it is. Felt pressured to smoke weed? Really? Is this moron in 8th grade? A grown ass woman feels pressured to do something she doesn't want to do? Bull****. Also, why is this lawsuit just coming about now? Didn't this show end like 3 years ago? Also, forced to work long hours? Isn't that a huge part of Hollywood production life?

DucNut

Sounds like my last trip to Costa Rica...so what's the problem??? Crap I WANT to go back!!!!

Kris in NYC

sounds like a regular production assistant job to me... Was this her first job???

wisey

It really is different being a guy. If my job was driving around in costa rica, being sexually harassed by my female co worker and smoking weed in the forest...

MariJoy

Ever occur to TMZ that this person has STANDARDS, and wants to conduct herself in a DIGNIFIED manner?
It's in such short supply nowadays, so refreshing when that happens.
Anyone can act like a low-life, much harder to go the other route - good on her!

Rasta

I've lived in Costa Rica for many many years as an X-Pat, and although what many say may be true....this chic may not be cut out for the business, the "Andres" types are rampant throughout the countries beach destinations. Far worse happened most likely than this girl is saying. It's about time someone hello MTV at least create a Record or Demanda against this idiot they hired. You think it's all fun and games right? Wait until it happens to your sister when she comes down with her college friends....not so funny ha.

clark

what a loser

Quinn

Give me a break. It sounds like my job but I don't get any cushy vacations stays in the hospital nor does anyone ever fork over any Valium. She should consider herself lucky.

Michael

A production coordinator would usually be in charge of a local there to do grunt work. None of the MTV production coordinators I worked with would tolerate unwanted bs from guys before shutting them down with a few quick words or a harsh look. And besides, if you're on an MTV show, you shouldn't be so freaked out by sexual overtones and party favors. Hello? It's MTV! Get over it and maybe go work on cartoons.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2