« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Ex Caddie Makes Racist Comment Towards Him

11/5/2011 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stevie Williams and Tiger Woods
Stevie Williams -- who was Tiger Woods' caddie for 12 years -- accepted an award in Shanghai last night ... where he described the feeling of beating Woods during an event in August by saying, "It was my aim to shove it right up that black a------."

Williams quickly apologized for the remarks on his web site, saying, "I now realize how my comments could be construed as racist. However I assure you that was not my intent. I sincerely apologize to Tiger and anyone else I have offended."

Woods' agent reacted to the comments, saying, "It's sad it's come down to this."

The back story ... Williams was unceremoniously dumped by Woods in July and then worked the bag for Adam Scott at an event in August. Scott won the event and Williams stuck it to Woods after, calling it "the best win of his life."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Birdy

Why is saying the word "black" now considered racist? If the roles were reversed and Tiger talked about Steve's "white" ass would that be racist??

Ace

Too funny.
Stevie is truly mad and holding a grudge.

justme

That dude is just stating the obvious. I wouldn't be offended if someone called me a yellow. Maybe he was upset that the dude called him an a-hole.

dd

idiot

croc

he meant to say'where the sun dont shine'.
evryone has a black hole.there.
i didnt take that as racist comment.

3Storms

tiger only gave him a job that kept a roof voer his head for 12 years.

I am no fan of Tiger but that guy is an ungrateful bastard

The Train!

calling someone a black a-hole is not racist. but it is a grabby headline that will drive up traffic to the site. so TMZ's priorities are where they have always been, and all is right with the world.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

that is not racist

Phil

So, now we can't call a black man black?????? And everyone knows Tiger is an a-hole. I think Nike should put out a pair of black shoes in Tiger's name with an ******* on the back and call it "Just do-do it."

Selebraties Suck

What a phony racist story this is!

So, according to TMZ, you can't make fun of gays, blacks, Obamas, or anyone they deem "Sacred Cows".

Charlie Sheen's Watch

"The best win of his life?" This imbecile is a gofer. Why do people even talk about this prick. He is the frudging water boy. How is he relevant at all?

CT

when you add a person's race to ASS it makes the comment a racist one.........cracker ass cracker, black ass, ect

juden

HOW IS SAYING BLACK A** RACIST? IT'S NOT LIKE HE CALLED HIM A N*GGER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! TIGER IS BLACK! OHH NOOO BUT DON'T CALL A BLACK PERSON BLACK! IT'S MORE RACIST TO CALL THEM AFRICAN AMERICAN, NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE COME FROM AFRICA.

samson

That's not really racist. Tiger woods is black - what's wrong with describing his as such?

Areader

Had he dropped the N-Word, that would of been racist, However, what he said was certainly not racist! Ask Van, he will tell you the same!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments