'Chronicles of Riddick'

New Movie BACK ON

After Cash Starts Flowing

11/27/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1123-vin-diesel-riddick-ex
Vin Diesel's new "Chronicles of Riddick" movie is back from the dead ... TMZ has learned ... after the production company scrounged up enough cash to pay off some long overdue bills.

We broke the story ... the movie came to a screeching halt last month, when the guy who owns the Montreal studio where the film is being shot LOCKED OUT the cast and crew after complaining that he hadn't gotten paid.

But things have FINALLY changed ... so says studio owner Michel Trudel, who claims the production company recently paid up ... and he's willing to allow the flick to pick up where it left off.

Sources connected with the production tell us ... the studio payment is just ONE step in the right direction -- noting that several members of the crew who had been griping about not receiving  paychecks WILL INDEED get their cash in the very near future.

We're told that filming will resume on December 28.

Sanbwen

Who wants to open a can of "Who-Gives-A-****" and take a big drink with me?

campy

Vin? Is that his real name? Vin? I dunno....I look at him and I imagine a dude that tries out feminine products for....you know....maxi or whatever.

Criss

Good! I'm looking forward to this!

static

Dude was probably doing everyone a favor by shutting production down.

Girock

They wtap all the cable in the studio this week!
It wont append, and we wont get pay! there a bunch of Crooks !

Blue

Loved Pitch Black, that was a great movie.
The other Rid**** move was terrible, why waste time on another?

Common Sense 101

Lookin' good Vin!

Carl

If the movie is more like the first in the series, Pitch Black, then I'd be happy to see it. If it is more like Chronicles then forget it.

manbearpig

i had forgotten about vin. he is almost as talented as stalone. however, his career is already as dead.
never cared for this loser at all.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

He's very watchable but I'd like to see him with just a TAD more range. I realize he's pretty much the "Cool Action Kickass Guy" but it would be nice to see him do something a little different.

mickirose

He has been doing a lot of things that doesn't involve being in films. --> http://www.oneraceglobalfilmfoundation.org/ Which is why this guy is amazing. I use to think he was just another muscle man until I watched one of his live pod cast. Truely amazing man. I'm excited to see what they do with this film. I agree with wanting to see him do more than just the action films. Find Me Guilty was one of his best films.